Is there a longer name for Jake other than Jacob?

Title says it all

:slight_smile:
I Like [name]Jake[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name] but [name]Jacob[/name] is so popular (I know [name]Jake[/name] will be too since it is [name]Jacob[/name] shortened) but are there other names out there that could lead to [name]Jake[/name] as a NN?

If you don’t want [name]Jacob[/name], but a name that’s close to [name]Jacob[/name], how about [name]Jacobi[/name]? ([name]Jake[/name]-oh-bee)

Well, if you don’t mind a stretch:

[name]Jason[/name]
[name]Jayden[/name]

Back in the day, [name]Jack[/name] was seen as a pet name for [name]John[/name], so why not pick a J name and just use [name]Jake[/name] as a nn.

I personally know of 1 [name]Jackson[/name] and 1 Jaxin that go by the nn of [name]Jake[/name].

[name]Jacoby[/name] (juh-KO-bee)
Jacobus (juh-KO-buss)
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Jacinto[/name] (juh-SIN-to)
[name]Jacques[/name] (zhahk)
Jacquard (zhahk-ARD)

I’ve seen it used for [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Joaquin[/name], Jacov (though this name is pronounced [name]Jay[/name]-kov, he has some problems with people pronouncing it [name]Jack[/name]-off, which is less than ideal), Jacoben, Jacqobe (Jacq-oh-bee), and [name]James[/name].

In the movie, “She’s Having A [name]Baby[/name]”, [name]Jake[/name] is a nickname for [name]Jefferson[/name]. So I agree that [name]Jake[/name] can be a nickname for any J name. I like [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Jacoby[/name].

Thanks ladies… keep the suggestions coming! :slight_smile:

I would go for [name]Jefferson[/name].

[name]John[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Jason[/name]
[name]Jefferson[/name]
[name]Jacoby[/name]

I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of any of them… if we decide to go with [name]Jake[/name] we may just go with [name]Jake[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Jacobe[/name]. I know a girl by that name spelt [name]Jacobi[/name].