Is there a masculine form of Ann(e)?

Looking for something direct. :slight_smile:

I don’t care if it goes [name_u]Anne[/name_u] --> [name_f]Ann[/name_f] --> [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] --> (name) or something, but not, like, say ANdre, as they aren’t even related names. Haha!

Keep it as short as possible, please. :slight_smile:

One of my favorites is [name_m]Anders[/name_m]!! Though I don’t think it’s directly related either :confused:

1 Like

I believe [name_u]Anne[/name_u] (ahn-neh) is used sometimes as a male name in Frisian communities, although I’m not Frisian myself so I don’t know for sure how accurate that is.

I don’t believe there’s an official, direct masculinization.

1 Like

According to Behind the Name, [name_u]Hanan[/name_u] is the masculine variant of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

1 Like

Thanks [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

Hannes?

1 Like

[name_u]Or[/name_u] perhaps a name with similar meaning?
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]/Ann means grace so:

1 Like

That’s a good idea! :grin: I thought of that but I’m not 100% sure I’m sold. :confused:

1 Like

I think [name_m]Hannes[/name_m] is good suggestion, if you’re willing for bit of invention
maybe Annes? [name_u]Or[/name_u] Anno
I agree [name_m]Anders[/name_m] doesn’t feel like form of [name_u]Anne[/name_u].

1 Like

Hans, though unrelated (unfortunately) does feel like a good masculine form, especially of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].

1 Like

My late granddad’s name was Micha3l H@ns [name_m]Christ[/name_m]!an, & I’m already in love with the name [name_m]Miro[/name_m]/Mira to honor him – I’m actually trying to start a tradition of “mi-” names since my mom’s name is M!ch3ll3 as well. :slight_smile:

So since this would probably be paired with [name_m]Miro[/name_m], it feels a little strange. :laughing:

Hananiah

Anne comes from hannah and the masculine form of that is [name_m]Hananiah[/name_m]/Chananiah

2 Likes

also the greek form of that [name_m]Ananias[/name_m]

2 Likes

This is the most helpful yet! Thanks! :slight_smile:

you’re welcome I happen to love [name_m]Hananiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Ananias[/name_m] as names

1 Like

Yes; [name_m]Anson[/name_m] means “son of [name_f]Ann[/name_f].”

2 Likes

Thank you so much [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], this one is going on my list! :smiley:

1 Like

These names all include / are derived from the same root element as [name_f]Anna[/name_f] / [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], “chanan”, with the meaning grace.

One that might not be included that I like is [name_m]Hanno[/name_m].

2 Likes

Annakin ok that’s too starwars. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_m]Anson[/name_m].
[name_u]Anderson[/name_u] possibly? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_m]Hanson[/name_m]? Anton?

1 Like

No, but you could have like sounding names. For instance:
[name_m]Hanson[/name_m]
[name_m]Hanley[/name_m]
[name_f]Aniston[/name_f]