Is there a name you love but wouldnt give to your child?

My grandmother says that she’s always loved the name [name]Helen[/name] ever since she was a little girl. I wondered why she had never named my mom or my aunt that. None of their middle names were even [name]Helen[/name]. I actually like the name [name]Helen[/name], and wouldnt understand why she wouldnt name them that, because she just loved it so much for a long time. I thought that maybe my grandfather didnt like it, so I asked him and he said that it was one of his favourite names. Huh? That doesnt make any sense!

My best friend and her mom really like names too, so we were having a conversation on names. When I asked [name]Tessa[/name]'s(thats my friend) mom what her fave name was, I thought I would get an answer like [name]Tessa[/name], or her sisters name [name]Dianne[/name]. But, she said she loved the name [name]Tiana[/name] and that was her favourite name. And, she said she had liked it ever since she was four years old! So, why didnt she name [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Dianne[/name] that? Weird.

My mom says that when she was pregnant with my youngest sister [name]Aoife[/name] she fell in love with the name [name]Cailey[/name]. She loved it so much and says that it is her third favourite name, after my name and my other sisters name. [name]Aoife[/name] is her eighth favourite name(shes a namenerd too). So, why didnt she name [name]Aoife[/name] just [name]Cailey[/name]? I asked my dad if he hates the name [name]Cailey[/name], and he likes it! Thats weird!

[name]Do[/name] you like a girl name SO much, but you wouldnt give it to your child? Why do you love it so much, and why wouldnt you give it to your child?

I think id be cool to have a daughter named [name]Bellatrix[/name], its a cool name, very feminine and not [name]Beatrix[/name], which is more old lady-ish to me. I cant say i love the name like i love [name]Riley[/name] but i really really like the name. However since [name]Bellatrix[/name] [name]Black[/name] ([name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] for those who dont know) I dont think i can live with it. Id suspect an evil little (ugly) biatch. The other name I love is [name]Hermione[/name], it set on middle name for now. I dont think i can live with a daughter and call her [name]Hermie[/name] for short (Inside joke for the harry p. fans^^) of call [name]Hermione[/name] all the time. People would think im weird xD

Other names I like and want to make a sibset with are [name]Riley[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Noa[/name]/h (the H makes it complete and male :’(), [name]Reese[/name] or [name]Rhys[/name] (g/b), [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Finn[/name] and 4 male name. I just cant see the first 4 on a guy and cant see [name]Wyatt[/name] on a girl. So possibly I will love them but one or two will never be used. ill let you know which ones when i have the list!

There are lots of names that I love, but I think would either be to much, to little, to trendy, or to outdated for my tastes.

Girls-
Caudette
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Wednesday[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]

Boys-
[name]Leonard[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]August[/name]

There are even more, but for whatever reason I can’t think of them right now. Oh well, I love them dearly, but they just wouldn’t fit.

There are lots:

Girls:
[name]Scarlett[/name] (clashes with last name)
[name]Maeve[/name] (doesn’t match with [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name])
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] (All ‘E’ names because of [name]Evelyn[/name])
[name]Anna[/name] (too short compared to evelyn)
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Caia[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Crimson[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Abra[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] (too nicknamy)

Boys:
[name]Elliot[/name] (most fave boys name but picked [name]Evelyn[/name] so I can’t use this)
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Preston[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Alcott[/name]
[name]Dakota[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Matisse[/name]
[name]Chauncey[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Grey[/name]
[name]November[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name]

I absolutely love the name [name]Francesca[/name]. I love the way it sounds, the way it looks, and I think [name]Frankie[/name] would be cute as a nn. (although it’s such a beautiful name I’d hate to shorten it to just [name]Frankie[/name]). I could never use it for several reasons: my husband would probably HATE it, it’s a bit frilly compared to most of my other favorite names, and where we are from, the name would stand out like a sore thumb. In a sea of Madisons, Mikaylas, Taylors, and [name]Emma[/name]'s my dear litte [name]Francesca[/name] would have one “weird” name. Also, with that name I would picture a girl that was long, lean, and had amazingly beautiful hair, and well I’m afraid that it would be a hard name to live up to.