Is this boy name to rare?

What do you think of the boy name [name]Locke[/name]? Pronounced [name]Lock[/name], Middle name would be [name]Connor[/name]. Its old English and means “to live by the stronghold”.

Also another one to throw at you “[name]Ganon[/name]”? Middle name would still be [name]Connor[/name]. Its old Irish.

[name]Locke[/name] is a bit too odd for even me. It’s abrupt and feels quite surnamey to me. [name]Gannon[/name], on the other hand, I do like, quite a bit. I prefer the [name]Conor[/name] spelling to [name]Connor[/name], simply because [name]Conor[/name] actually looks Irish, [name]Connor[/name] looks American to me. But both names sound funny together, whichever way you go: [name]Locke[/name] [name]Conor[/name] is too abrupt (and to be honest, sounds like a lake named [name]Conor[/name] [loch is lock]) and [name]Gannon[/name] [name]Conor[/name] has two two syllable names back to back, so it sounds flat. With [name]Conor[/name] as a middle, I’d look for something with three or more syllables. I’d suggest some but have to go start supper now or it’ll be late. I’ll think on that during supper and be back after.

I agree with all that [name]Lola[/name] said… But maybe [name]Locke[/name] could be a cool middle? [name]Gannon[/name] [name]Locke[/name]? And [name]Conor[/name] could be a potential sib name?

I have to stick with the middle as [name]Connor[/name] or at least use it somewhere. Its after someone and important to us. I kind of thought [name]Locke[/name] had a unique masculine sound to it, no?

[name]Locke[/name] [name]Connor[/name] honestly doesn’t flow at all. :frowning: The K sounds completely blend together, and the name sounds like [name]Lock[/name] Onnor or La [name]Connor[/name].

A nice alternative would be [name]Lachlan[/name] ([name]Lock[/name]-lan), and you could use [name]Locke[/name] for a nickname. [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Connor[/name], while still pretty K heavy, flows much better than [name]Locke[/name] [name]Connor[/name], and allows his first name to be more substantial.

[name]Locke[/name] does have a strong sound that most would say feels masculine, but it sounds really awful with [name]Connor[/name]. I liked [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Lochlan[/name] [name]Connor[/name], nn [name]Locke[/name]. Now that’s actually kind of cool. (says this Yank). [name]Lochlan[/name] [name]Connor[/name] is a bit ‘K’ sound heavy but it’s far more liveable than [name]Locke[/name] [name]Connor[/name]. I trip saying that (and you can ask anyone here, I am a very precise speaker, and can say combinations other’s can’t) But [name]Locke[/name] [name]Connor[/name], is impossible for me to say easily. I’m sorry!

I thought of [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Connor[/name]. Nickname [name]Cole[/name]. [name]Cole[/name] is a lot like [name]Locke[/name]. It has one syllable, has the hard “c” and “l” sounds, and is quite masculine. [name]Just[/name] an idea.

[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Connor[/name] nn [name]Cole[/name] is a fantastic idea!

[name]Locke[/name] is [name]John[/name] [name]Locke[/name] to me, which is a good association- he was a English philosopher whom the founding fathers took a lot of ideas from to form the basis for [name]America[/name]'s ideals. Guess where the phrase from the Declaration of Independence, “Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” came from? Mmhmm, that was his idea originally (except for “pursuit of happiness” was “property” in is version). So I think it would be cool to get him in somewhere, he doesn’t sound as lofty and elite and Socretes or [name]Plato[/name] or something! However, he is quite choppy and odd as a first name; I would save him for the middle. And [name]Locke[/name] [name]Connor[/name] does flow right into the other. I do like [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Connor[/name], or even [name]Connor[/name] [name]Locke[/name].

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Locke[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Locke[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Locke[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Locke[/name] (Haha! This is more of an inside joke… with myself? Anyway, it’s from Ender’s Game. I’ll try to repress the geekiness now. :P)
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Locke[/name]

I don’t care for [name]Locke[/name] as a first name. [name]Locke[/name] is my maiden name, and beware if you do chose it for a first name, it has been mispronounced my entire life. I can’t tell you how many times it was pronounced [name]Lock[/name]-ee. It made me cringe every time it was pronounced that way.

I kind of like the name [name]Locke[/name] but not with [name]Connor[/name]. [name]Lock[/name] on 'er. That said, I also feel that if you don’t have to use the name [name]Connor[/name] on a daily basis, it won’t come up a lot. If you were mashing the names together because you loved both of them and want to call him by first and middle name all the time, I’d say look for other options, but if the name [name]Connor[/name] is very important, and you still like the name [name]Locke[/name], and you’re just going to call him [name]Locke[/name] except in documentation, it doesn’t have to sound like the most wonderful song ever.

Also, you reminded me of a kid (the older brother of a childhood friend) named [name]Roch[/name]. It was so cool! Of course thirty years ago, but I had forgotten about them.