Is this magical creature too ridiculous?

I know this isn’t quite name-related, per say, but I feel like I need a second opinion on this.

For a magical creature in my book, I was considering making a kind of Unicorn-Dragon hybrid. It would be long, with a flowing ‘mane’, but still scaly, with dragon wings and a unicorn horn that allows it to perform magic.

I like this concept, but I also think that it could be kind of ridiculous. What do you guys think? Should I keep it?

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s ridiculous. If some of the stuff J.K. Rowling used in [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] was asked about before she did it, some people would have said she was crazy, and look at how wildly successful her books were! Some of the most obscure, random, and ridiculous creations tend to be the absolute best ones. Go for it, I’d love to read about such a creature!

4 Likes

I think with magical creatures you can basically do what you like, so you should go for it.

2 Likes

Depends how to write, how to develop the story, describe it.

2 Likes

I think it could be really cool. But also, kids may think you just mashed a dragon and a unicorn together so I think the creature needs a different name than dragon-unicorn if you want it to be more unique and open for interpretation on the readers’ part

2 Likes

I think lots of magical creatures are inherently ridiculous to us, but they work in stories! It’s totally fine. [name_m]Just[/name_m] come up with an original name.

2 Likes

I can picture it! It sounds awesome!

2 Likes

No magical creature is too ridiculous!

2 Likes

It sounds really cool!! I’d love to read about this magical creature!

1 Like

It is cool! You can also call it a Dragocorn or a Unidragon!