Is this name timeless?

I agree with amberdaydream that some people really do make too much of a fuss about a name being dated, but, imo there are so many better options out there. Why dont you try:

[name]Alyssa[/name],
[name]Alicia[/name]
[name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Alessia[/name]
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Elisa[/name]

There are more [name]Lisa[/name]-like options that feel less time-stamped, but if you really love the name, then use it, because it is a pretty name. Good luck!

[name]Lisa[/name] is more common for the mothers or even grand-mothers! No, I don’t think it timeless. It was trendy in the 60s & 70s. I’m not a big fan, but I also have a co-worker named [name]Leesa[/name] that I’m not very fond of…
You might like [name]Talisa[/name], Annisa, [name]Annalise[/name]/[name]Annalisa[/name], [name]Lisbeth[/name]/[name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Liza[/name]/[name]Eliza[/name], [name]Ilsa[/name]/[name]Elsa[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Leila[/name], [name]Layla[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Larissa[/name]/[name]Clarissa[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name], [name]Melissa[/name], [name]Marissa[/name] or [name]Vanessa[/name]

My five-year-old cousin is [name]Lisa[/name], and [name]Lisa[/name] is #77 on top 100 here, so I like it and think it’s sweet:)

If you like [name]Lisa[/name] then go for it! It may surprise some people to see it on someone so young, but the plus is that she likely won’t have to worry about sharing a name with someone else in her peer group.

Some Berries don’t like using “dated” names, but I think it’s a great way to get something recognizable yet likely to be unique in the child’s class. I myself have [name]Amy[/name], [name]Helen[/name], [name]Kathleen[/name], [name]Melissa[/name], [name]Nancy[/name], and [name]Susan[/name] on my “short list” of names I’d consider for a future DD. (I think you’ll get better results with the ones that over the long term are seen as more “classic” rather than “modern”; for example I probably wouldn’t use [name]Brandy[/name], but the ones on my list as well as [name]Lisa[/name] are fair game [name]IMO[/name].)

It’s a tad bit outdated. I like the suggestion of [name]Elise[/name], or perhaps [name]Annelise[/name]!

I agree with the others who say it’s dated, but I think it’s a pretty name. I think it would be kind of nice to see this name on a little girl.

I love the name [name]Lisa[/name]. Simple, pretty, ages well. A good pick.

[name]Lisa[/name] just skyrocketed out of nowhere in the 1960’s-1970’s and I think it had a lot to do with a popular soap opera character at the time. It had just sounds “dated” today which is the fate of many trendy names during a certain period. It certainly isn’t timeless like [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name]. [name]Elise[/name], [name]Elissa[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] would be fresher options now.

I really like the idea of mixing [name]Lisa[/name] with a cute, modern middle name! I will for sure run that by the hubby. :slight_smile:

@amberdaydream: I really like the idea of matching [name]Lisa[/name] with a more modern middle name, I think that might spruce it up a little! I’ll for sure run that by my husband!

[name]Lisa[/name] is totally usable if you love it! It’s the name of one of my best friends so I might be biased, but I think it would sound fresh and unexpected on a little girl. I really like the suggestion of [name]Lisa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] :slight_smile:

To me, a timeless name is one that is used steadily for hundreds of years, although its popularity may fluctuate - [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], etc. [name]Lisa[/name] was not used much (in the US, as an independent name) until the mid 20th century and then became extremely popular for several decades. I went to school with many Lisas. These days, its uncommon for babies, so it seems dated.

That said, I like the name [name]Lisa[/name], and if it were a name you and your husband both loved, don’t see anything wrong with using it (or other names dated to that period) if you wouldn’t mind if your daughter had a name that was out of step with the times. I don’t expect it to come back in fashion any time soon.

Its def dated but so what? I realize Im big on calling out dated names but personally I think if you love it you should use it regardless, or at least thats what I would do depending on how much I loved the name. Maybe you could use is as a middle if youre not 100% comfortable with it?

Waaay out of style. Not timeless at all.

I agree. I have a coworker named [name]Lisa[/name] who is in her early 30s, probably, so I can see it a bit younger, but definitely not on a little baby.

What about [name]Elisa[/name]? I’ve always thought that was so stunning.

[name]Lisa[/name] feels stuck, I don’t think it’s been used much since the 80’s. It’s one of those names that you don’t see on kids anymore. I think [name]Elise[/name], [name]Liesl[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Elsie[/name]/[name]Elsa[/name]/[name]Ilsa[/name], [name]Ellis[/name]… would all be more timeless “lisa-ish” choices. That being said, if you love it, you should totally use it, who knows, you could singlehandedly be responsible for [name]Lisa[/name]'s revival! :wink:

To me, [name]Lisa[/name] is not timeless. [name]Lisa[/name] is time-stamped, in fact, 70s or 80s. So, I wouldn’t personally use it now. I like the alternate suggestions being given.

You could use [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elisabetta[/name] and use [name]Lisa[/name] as a nn.

[name]Lisa[/name] is a pretty name, and I think it’d be cute on a little girl surrounded by Isabelles, Ellas, and Sophies.

What about [name]Alisa[/name]?

Or use it as a middle name? [name]Anna[/name] [name]Lisa[/name]

I don’t think [name]Lisa[/name] is as dated as [name]Jennifer[/name]. That poor name was soooo overused, it just feels so unimaginative.

I really like the idea of [name]Lisa[/name] as a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I also think it’s perfectly fine to use [name]Lisa[/name]. While the name itself might be dated, it’s not totally out of step with modern naming trends. “L” names are super popular and it ends in “a” which is a also a plus. [name]Leah[/name] is jumping up the charts and it sounds very similar to [name]Lisa[/name].