Is this name too much?

I really like the name Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] but is it too much? Should I go with something different?

Ilithyia would be a spelling nightmare (why does it need both a ‘y’ and an ‘ia’ at the end?). [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] is a little too [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe for me. It’s too extravagant for a real person imo, especially compared to some of the other names in your sig.

ETA: I should clarify and say I don’t think the yia ending is something most English speakers would understand, much less intuitively guess if they had to spell the name only by hearing it. It seems redundant in English, unless I have the pronunciation all wrong.

The ‘yia’ ending is meant to be there, it’s Greek. And from [name_m]Spartacus[/name_m].

I like Ilithyia/Eileithyia, although I did think it was too much until I came across a girl with a child called Ilithyia. [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] is too much though, Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is lovely.

I think Ilithyia is a great name, and Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or Ilithyia [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] would work, but Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] is too wordy, especially as Ilithyia is already so unusual (but awesome!). I did think [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe too (also awesome).

I think it’s a little weird, yeah. Definitely drop [name_m]Quartz[/name_m].

Ilithyia I surprisingly like for its uniqueness! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m], however, seems way too gimmicky. Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is nice. Ilithyia [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] is okay but pushing the ‘too much’ line a little [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I don’t know about the “[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m]” connection, so I’d say it’s okay. I have only thought of the stone which is said to be the stone of unconditional love.

However, Ilithyia also spelled Eileithyia, may have been the ancient Greek goddess of childbirth, however it sounds like an insult in modern Greek (they aren’t spelled the same, the insult is like Ilithyia without the -y-). If you don’t mind the connection, it is not “too much” in my opinion!

Good luck!
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

I actually like the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] combination - on its own, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as the first name. It works.

I think Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is enough, with [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] it reminds me [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe.

I really like Ilithyia, though I’d only recommend it if you’re okay with correcting people on the spelling. Personally I would drop [name_m]Quartz[/name_m].

I don’t know what “[name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe” is that people keep referring to so I would probably want to check that out before going with this since it seems like a connection a lot of people are making. Other than that, I agree with previous posters that Ilithyia would be a total nightmare in the spelling department for English speakers so I wouldn’t go with it unless you’re prepared for that. Personally, I don’t love the sound of it either (assuming I’m pronouncing it correctly) but it’s not that bad. I don’t really like the Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] suggestions because I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is overused as a middle name, and underused as a first name, which leads me to agree with paulapuddephat that I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] on its own would be lovely. I also prefer Ilithyia [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] to Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for that reason.

Drop [name_m]Quartz[/name_m].

I’m not sure how it’s pronounced but if it’s how I think, then I like Ilithyia [name_f]Rose[/name_f], the [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] is too much.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Quartz[/name_m] is like a direct reference to [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe. It has a very juvenile connotation. Ilithyia is terribly confusing and I’m not sure how to pronounce it. Why not spell it Elithia? Ilithia?