Is this name too outdated?

I like the boys name [name]Scott[/name], but I worry its too outdated. Thoughts?

I’ve always thought [name]Scott[/name] was a handsome name. Sure, it had it’s heyday about 50 years ago, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a strong, handsome name. I think it’s definitely usable today!

Not fond of it, maybe a bit dated, but not unusable.

I personally dont believe names can be dated. And I like it and I think it is definitely usable:)

I have a soft spot for [name]Scott[/name]. I think it’s fine and strong.

I like it! Short, simple, easy to spell, not too popular, and definitely male :wink:

i like it. There are 2 in my daycare. [name]One[/name]'s 5 the other is 10. They both wear it really well. I don’t think it’s too dated to use.

I believe [name]Scott[/name] is pretty classic. It saw its peak a while ago, but because it wasn’t super trendy, I don’t think it’s particularly dated. It’d fall right in line with a lot of other one-syllable surnamey names like [name]Reed[/name], [name]Grant[/name], etc.

I love [name]Scott[/name], it is my dad’s name DH and I considered it

I know Scotts of all ages. I think it would work fine on a baby.

I don’t think it is outdated, but it is definitely, nms.

This is my dad’s name so I feel like it is a “dad name” but I know a lot of them. The youngest is 8 and the oldest is 87, that is a really wide range so I think it could definitely work. There are also historical references like [name]Francis[/name] [name]Scott[/name] Key so I think it could definitely work if you really love it.

Hmmm, it seems a little 70/80’s, you’re right, but it was never a super-trendy name so I think it could be worn just fine on a little boy today. I love that it’s no-nonsense, strong and masculine. There’s not a negative thing that you can say about a good, solid name like that.

If you love it, use it! I’d say it’s time for a resurgence.

I absolutely love [name]Scott[/name]! I’ve always thought it was a bit dated but recently I’ve come to really like it and all the Scotts I’ve known/met have been great, so it makes me like it even more. It has a bit of a timeless vibe, to me, and I would love to meet a little boy with the name.

I think it is a bit dated but completely usable! I know a 40 year old [name]Scott[/name] but I can easily picture a little boy named [name]Scott[/name] too. I can actually picture it nowadays on all ages. A nice short, solid, masculine name.

I think it’s a solid name. Not outdated and not overused.

It’s very dated and bland to me, tbh. But I could be biased as I associate it with a 50 something family friend, lol.

It’s been a long while since I heard of anyone considering [name]Scott[/name]. Definitely usable!

Nope. Not to me.
My brother’s (hot) swimming teacher was named [name]Scott[/name], and he was around my age. Probably 20ish now.

I like it. I also like [name]Joseph[/name] as a middle name. [name]Scott[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]