Is this sibset confusing?

[name]Morgan[/name], [name]Reece[/name], and [name]Rowan[/name]. [name]Rowan[/name] being a girl, [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Reece[/name] boys.

I know they are all historically male names, but of course [name]Morgan[/name] is most always used for girls now, [name]Rowan[/name] is going to the girls quickly, and [name]Reece[/name] has a feminine image because of [name]Reece[/name] Witherspoon. So, what do you think? Would this be an okay sibset, or too gender confused?

I do think it is pretty confusing, but if you love the names, don’t let that stop you from using them. At least they all match in style. Anyone who uses one of those names will have to deal with some measure of gender ambiguity, and it obviously isn’t a huge problem or unisex names wouldn’t be as popular as they are. If you want to make [name]Reece[/name] more clearly masculine, I’d suggest the spelling [name]Rhys[/name], but then again it might make people think that [name]Rhys[/name] is the boy and [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are the girls. Maybe best to just leave them all strictly unisex.

They are all boys names to me. So nice to hear someone using them for the original gender. [name]Reece[/name] is a boys name… just because someone named one female actress and people have copied that it doesn’t make it unisex…! Maybe you could use 2 of them then a more obviously feminine name for the girl? I strongly dislike [name]Rowan[/name] on a girl… but then I’ve only ever known boys with the name and consider it a very strong masculine name - sorry just don’t see the appeal for a girl (feel the same about most boys names on girls…).

[name]Morgan[/name], [name]Reece[/name] and
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]?

I’ve always considered [name]Morgan[/name] a boy’s name, also [name]Reece[/name] because of the character [name]Reece[/name] from [name]Malcolm[/name] in the Middle. [name]Rowan[/name] on the other hand I would only use as a girl’s name. [name]Don[/name]'t know why, just always loved it for a girl so it seems strange on a boy to me.

[name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are definites. [name]Reece[/name] is the one that I’m not so sure about, I love it but I’m not completely “in love” with it. So more suggestions for boy/unisex names in that style would be great. I do love the name [name]Laurel[/name] though! A friend of my mom’s has teenage daughters named [name]Laurel[/name] and [name]Spring[/name], I’ve always loved their names.

I would think they were all girls, sorry. Other than [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Freeman[/name], I’ve never met a boy named [name]Morgan[/name], but have met several girls with this name. And [name]Reece[/name] because of [name]Reese[/name] Witherspoon and another little girl named [name]Reese[/name] I know. I think the traditional [name]Rhys[/name] spelling distinguishes it from a girl’s name at least on paper.

Yeah it is very confusing but I like all the name independently. I love hearing [name]Morgan[/name] on a boy, its very handsome. I would suggest spelling it [name]Rhys[/name], as [name]Reece[/name] is the more common female spelling.

I do like the suggestion of just using [name]Rhys[/name], but do you think spelling it that way would seem trendy or made up to someone that didn’t know it was the original Welsh spelling? A few more names I’m considering are…

[name]August[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]

What do you think?

I think that [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Reece[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are male names. Honestly I would assume that they were all boys. [name]Rowan[/name] out of all the names is the most exclusively masculine so it is strange to me why that would be the one you choose to give to a girl. [name]Rowena[/name], Rowene is usually the femme version of [name]Rowan[/name]. It is a pretty confusing sib set and I really hope you change [name]Rowan[/name]!