Is this too close to our last name?

We have our big anatomy ultrasound tomorrow (FINALLY!) but I haven’t been able to resist coming up with name options in the meantime. The most viable name so far (if it’s a girl) is [name]Mia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but I’m wondering if it’s too close to our last name, which is pronounced like this: [name]Mars[/name]-kuh. It’s a really harsh [name]German[/name] name, but do you think it goes okay with [name]Mia[/name]? [name]Mia[/name] [name]Mars[/name]-kuh

I personally think it is too close. What about [name]Amelia[/name] Marskuh, nn [name]Mia[/name]?

[name]Mia[/name]-mars-kuh sounds like one long exotic, intriguing word. I think it could work. If you had said [name]Emma[/name], that sounds hard to say, but I think that’s a really good name to work with short names that end in -ah sound. [name]Leah[/name] Marskuh, [name]Sophia[/name] Marskuh, [name]Thea[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], etc. I just love the rhythm with these sort of names. I think the M sound at the beginning is far enough away (as compared to a name like [name]Emma[/name]) that the name lilts. Contrary to above poster, I think [name]Amelia[/name] Marskuh is a little more of a mouthful in the way that [name]Natalia[/name] or [name]Mariana[/name], for example, would NOT be. If [name]Mia[/name] is a nickname anyway, then her name would essentially be heard the same way as you wanted it in the first place on a regular basis.

[name]Mia[/name] -[name]GRACE[/name]- Marskuh, the [name]Grace[/name]-marsk is a little awkward to say, but not disastrous. I care less than most if the middle name “flows” if it has more meaning to you, you love it, and/or would really miss if you had to settle for something else. “Flow” is what gets people to overuse middle names like [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Marie[/name], I think mostly you won’t hear it too much but it’s there and it doesn’t sound disgusting. If [name]Grace[/name] is important to you, keep it. If it’s something sort of nice you’re not really married to, I’d consider other names. No, I don’t have suggestions. :slight_smile:

I agree that [name]Mia[/name] Marskuh is not too close. It is a little sing songy, if you object to that, but I don’t think it’s too much.

Hmmm…I agree that it is a little sing-songy. I’m not really sure I love it.

[name]Mia[/name] [name]Mars[/name]-kuh I’m on the fence. A part of me really likes this another part thinks it might be too matchy with both starting with and “M” and ending with an “uh” sound.
What about [name]Amelia[/name] Marskuh nn [name]Mia[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] isn’t my favorite personally but I think it sounds nice with [name]Mia[/name] or even [name]Amelia[/name]. [name]Grace[/name] is common though and actually so is [name]Mia[/name]. That may mean nothing to you. I still like [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] and all of those are popular too.
[name]Mia[/name] is my daughters name so I love it a lot. Her mn is [name]Taylor[/name] which definitely is unisex and not girly.

Names that remind of me of [name]Mia[/name] -

[name]Nina[/name] Marskuh
[name]Alia[/name] Marskuh
[name]Malia[/name] Marskuh - again matchy but I like the “L” thrown in the middle.
[name]Ella[/name] Marskuh
[name]Lea[/name] Marskuh or [name]Leah[/name].
[name]Zoe[/name] Marskuh
[name]Chloe[/name] Marskuh

[name]Antonia[/name] nn [name]Nina[/name] Marskuh
[name]Marina[/name] Marskuh