Is this too Cutesy?

I have fallen in love with the name [name]COrnelia[/name]! I have a [name]Virginia[/name] who goes by [name]Nia[/name]. Would it be too cutesy to have a [name]Cornelia[/name] who goes by [name]Lia[/name]? I could live with [name]Cora[/name] but prefer [name]Lia[/name]. What do you think?

I actually really like it. [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] are really great together. [name]Nia[/name] and [name]Lia[/name] can be very cutesy, but since they aren’t twins, I would worry about it too much. [name]Do[/name] you introduce [name]Virginia[/name] as [name]Nia[/name] or [name]Virginia[/name]? I think if you use their full names more and their nicknames less often, it won’t be an issue at all.

I thinks the nicknames are overly matchy myself. I do love both names though. Have you thought about the other nn options for [name]Cornelia[/name]? Like [name]Nell[/name], [name]Nellie[/name], or [name]Neely[/name]?

I think my second favorite nn would be cora, but that feels like a full name in and of itself. Never been a huge fan of [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Nellie[/name], but maybe they’ll grow on me. I also thought of [name]Nelia[/name] but that seems even closer to [name]Nia[/name]. Maybe [name]Neelie[/name] or [name]Neela[/name]?
I suppose i could use another nn for [name]VIrginia[/name]. She’s only 18 months so her nn isn’t really set in stone yet. I actually have to remind myself to use it most of the time. But kids at daycare have started trying to say her name and sometimes it sounds a little vulgar since they struggle with the r sound :oops: I really want her to have a nn in place by the time her classmates start saying her name. One of the older kids calls her [name]Ginna[/name] and I thought that was really cute.

[name]Ginna[/name] and [name]Ginny[/name] are lovely nn for [name]Virginia[/name], and leave the nn [name]Lia[/name] up for grabs for potential [name]Cornelia[/name]. Perfect!

For me, this is [name]WAY[/name] too cutesy. [name]Nia[/name] and [name]Lia[/name]? with so many names to choose from, why cut them down to rhyme?

I have a pronunciation problem with these nicknames: I say Kor-neel-yuh not Kor-nee-lee-uh so the nickname [name]Lia[/name] is awkward to me. I think you will end up calling her whatever feels right though. Nicknames are the kind of thing that just grow on their own.

[name]Ginna[/name] (or [name]Ginny[/name]) and [name]Neely[/name] would be great together! I knew a set of twins named [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Letha[/name], and [name]Virginia[/name] went by [name]Ginny[/name].

[name]How[/name] about [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Delia[/name]?

[name]Cordelia[/name] has been on our short list for a long time, since we were pregnant with virginia. I think i’m gonna keep it on the list. Maybe my [name]Cornelia[/name] love will fade. I do love the name [name]Delia[/name].
I think if i change [name]Virginia[/name]'s nn one more time my husband’s gonna go crazy! We planned on calling her ginny, but shortly after she was born we moved to another part of the country and I hate the way [name]Ginny[/name] sounds with the accent here. So I pushed for [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Junie[/name](middle name is [name]June[/name]) and [name]Juniper[/name]. He hated all of them. We considered [name]Ginger[/name] but it just didn’t seem right. So finally we settled on [name]Nia[/name]. but honestly I’m not really sold on it. WHat would you call your kids for short if they were [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]COrnelia[/name]?

[name]Just[/name] some thoughts… :slight_smile:

[name]Ginna[/name] (gin - uh) and [name]Lia[/name]
[name]Nia[/name] and [name]Corie[/name] / [name]Cora[/name]
[name]Gina[/name] (gee - nuh) and [name]Lia[/name]
[name]Ginia[/name] (gin - yuh) and [name]Lia[/name]
[name]Nia[/name] and [name]Elia[/name] (el - ee - uh) - MY [name]FAVORITE[/name]!!

• I think [name]Elia[/name] is a beautiful name!

[name]Elia[/name]! i didn’t even think of that! I think I would pronounce it [name]Eelia[/name], what do you think about that? I’m liking [name]Elia[/name] and [name]Nia[/name], i think i could work with that. THanks for your help.

[name]Cornelia[/name] is my all time favorite girl’s name! I’m so happy to hear someone else likes it! I don’t think [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Cornelia[/name] are too much at all but I wouldn’t go with [name]Nia[/name] and [name]Lia[/name]. Also, those definitely wouldn’t be the nicknames I would choose. They seem a bit contrived. For [name]Virginia[/name] I would personally use [name]Ginny[/name] if any nickname at all, and for [name]Cornelia[/name] I would use [name]Nell[/name], [name]Nellie[/name] or [name]Neela[/name] but I much prefer the whole name.