Is Wolf an accesible name for us?

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Our quest for a boy name continues. We’ve embraced [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Anshel[/name_m] as a real possibility, and I’ve grown to love the name (thank you to all of your who suggested it on my initial thread! I owe you this name). However, we’re still coming up with the occassional what-about-this name.

DH is really feeling [name_u]Wolf[/name_u], but he recognizes that it might be too out there for us, and hasn’t decided if he loves or hates the idea of having [name_m]Leon[/name_m] and [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] as brothers. He thinks it’s better than having the Odd Couple with [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] and could see myself loving it, but it doesn’t exactly fit witht he names we already have. [name_u]Truly[/name_u], sibling names don’t need to match or make sense together, but it’s something we’ve aimed for since we were writing down ideas for baby no. 2, and old habits die hard!

Does [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] make any kind of sense if he joined [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Margo[/name_f]?

1 Like

If it was just [name_m]Leon[/name_m] and [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] it would be a strange theme to me. But in the mix of all your children’s names, I think it’s fine!

I will say [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] feels different than all your other children’s names though. It’s more modern whereas you have a lot of classics. I think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] fits in better. And again, Odd Couple would be more if a thing if they were each other’s only brothers but in a big family, I think it’s fine!

2 Likes

I don’t think [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] fits as well as [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I know this doesn’t solve the problem but [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] is a cute option too.

6 Likes

Oscar [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] would be magnificent!

2 Likes

Oscar fits better, to me. But I don’t see anything wrong in breaking the pattern, especially with a name as awesome as [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]!! I slightly prefer the spelling [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m], but either way is bad@ss :heart_eyes:

I’m also in love with the nn Wolfie for a boy!

1 Like

I’m not sure it fits with your other names but [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] isn’t too out there in general [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is all the rage after all and then there’s [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] [name_m]Mozart[/name_m]

Other names that mean/involve wolf:

Lovell
Offa/Offer
Coenwulf (old [name_f]English[/name_f] meaning brave wolf)

Again [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] means bear, and is popular.

1 Like

I can’t really see it making sense. It does seem like the odd one out.

1 Like

I adore the suggestion of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]

I could see [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] fitting with your bunch

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], but I think [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] fits in well! (I personally prefer the spelling [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m], which I think blends the styles a little more!)

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Anshel[/name_m] as I feel it ties in so perfectly with your older kids. However I like [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] as well. I prefer [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] in the middle name spot , it would be too brave for me to use personally

1 Like

I think it works.

I really like [name_u]Wolf[/name_u], and I’m also a fan of an eclectic sibset. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] certainly feels like a natural addition to your set, but [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] puts a really fun spin on the strong, quirky-traditional, naturey names of your other children.

Oscar [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] is a fantastic suggestion too! Nothing to stop your husband from calling him [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] as a nickname or day-to-day.

I’d also like to throw out [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], nn [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] or [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]. I know several Wilfs (UK) and I really love it. And [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] feels like a great fit with your family.

1 Like

Thank you one and all. I do like [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]! However, it still feels “too different” for us. I don’t think we can use it. It would make a handsome middle name indeed, but that spot it reserved for Hebrew or Yiddish names only!

Honestly I’m loving [name_m]Leon[/name_m] & [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]. But I think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] will be wonderful too!

Edit: *put living instead of loving

1 Like

I can imagine [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] as a nickname for a longer name, but not on its own. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] however fits your sibset perfectly.

1 Like