Is Wren the new Lee / Rose / Marie? (standard middle name)

I don’t know how many people are actually using [name]Wren[/name] for a middle name, but I see it a LOT around these message boards!

[name]Do[/name] you think it’s destined to become “default” middle name of the next generation? Like [name]Lee[/name], [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Ann[/name]?

[name]Wren[/name] has the advantage that it is a one-syllable name (which a lot of people like in the mn position). However, I’m not sure it will get as popular as [name]Lee[/name]/[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Marie[/name]/[name]Ann[/name] as a middle name. I think it will be more like [name]Faye[/name] - not uncommon as a middle name, but not uber-popular either.

Definitely not. [name]Wren[/name] is too quirky to every become the default.

I think that’s a really good comparison.

[name]Renee[/name] is another that comes to mind for me, and [name]Claire[/name] - though [name]Claire[/name] may even be too mainstream.

I think the spelling and bird-association of [name]Wren[/name] will always make it a less-common, but still very palatable choice.

I like [name]Wren[/name] alot and it is “safer” as middle name, so it is sure to become popular… Though I dunno it it will be as popular as what I call “filler” middle names ([name]Rose[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Marie[/name]…)
One [name]Ive[/name] seen ALOT though is [name]Rae[/name]/[name]Ray[/name]… Its unisex, which is a huge trend, its short, and “unique”.
[name]Chiara[/name] [name]Berti[/name] (Big Brother 3) named her 1st daughter [name]Finley[/name] [name]Ray[/name], one of the Baldwins has a [name]Finley[/name] [name]Rae[/name]… [name]Miley[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name]…[name]Patrick[/name] [name]Fabian[/name] has a daughter [name]Abbey[/name] [name]Ray[/name]…
I think more unusual/unique nams like [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Ray[/name] will definately becoming bigger for the “filler” nn, parents who want to give their kid a “different” nam but are too scared to use it as a first, will like these names… parents who want something short, or parents who like unisex names… Also, Im sure lots of people have family members named [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Raymond[/name], [name]Raelynn[/name], etc… so Rays a popular name for honoring people too…

[name]Ray[/name]/[name]Rae[/name] is not unusual in my experience. I grew up around a lot of girls named ________ [name]Rae[/name], it was sort of a double-name filler like [name]Jo[/name] ([name]Katie[/name] [name]Jo[/name], [name]Abby[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Bobby[/name] [name]Jo[/name], [name]Haley[/name] [name]Rae[/name]). [name]Wren[/name] is FAR less common/dated, to me it’s very of-the-moment where [name]Rae[/name] has a very '80s/hick edge to it. [name]Just[/name] from personal experience with it!

As a side note, [name]Miley[/name]'s birth name is [name]Destiny[/name] [name]Hope[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name]. She adopted [name]Ray[/name] on her own later on, and [name]Miley[/name]'s a nickname. (wiki)