Isaac v. Ike

[name]Hi[/name] everyone :slight_smile:

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Ike[/name] is too nicknamey on its own? [name]Do[/name] you prefer it as a nickname for [name]Isaac[/name]?
I just don’t really love [name]Isaac[/name] as much as I love [name]Ike[/name]!
Are there any other names [name]Ike[/name] can be a nickname for, or should I just stick to [name]Isaac[/name]?

I really like [name]Ike[/name], and I also don’t like [name]Isaac[/name] as much as [name]Ike[/name], but I still think [name]Ike[/name] works better as a nickname.

[name]Ike[/name] is adorable! I understand liking [name]Ike[/name] more than [name]Isaac[/name], but I would still go with the full name. That way, he can choose which one he likes- and that’s important, because it is his name.

[name]Ike[/name] is a great name! I like it better than [name]Isaac[/name] as well, and I think [name]Ike[/name] can definitely stand on its own, though it seems “safer” to go with [name]Isaac[/name] in case he just isn’t an [name]Ike[/name]. If you are really adventurous, I think that [name]Ike[/name] would be a great nickname for [name]Ezekiel[/name]. Good luck!

I have to disagree and say that I really don’t think [name]Ike[/name] can stand on its own. That being said I have to confess that I truly dislike [name]Ike[/name], but it would be much better as a nickname for [name]Isaac[/name], and your son will be able to use the name [name]Isaac[/name] if/when he outgrows the nickname and is ready to enter the professional world.

I’m not that fond of [name]Ike[/name], neither as a own name nor as a nn, [name]Isaac[/name] is better, but it sounds a bit like “I suck” so I wouldn’t use it for myself…