Isabella and Gabriella?

Are these names too close for sisters? [name]Charlotte[/name] is our other contender. :slight_smile:

yeah, I think its a bit too cutesy.

Yes, I agree they are too matchy and cutesy. A nice set would be [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name], however.

As long as they’re NOT twins, I think it’s okay. Yeah, it’s kind of matchy and cutesy, but why not? NNs [name]Izzy[/name] and [name]Gaby[/name] are quite different.

No not twins! DD is [name]Isabella[/name] and we’re trying to name DD #2. :slight_smile:

I think they’re too close. [name]Love[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] though!

I think they’re a bit matchy-matchy but not TOO close, if you really love the pair. To me, the [name]Arabella[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name] set is overly close, with the bel/bella endings. [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] are not actually related names.

However, I do think [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are a better match as they’re compatible yet quite distinctive.

I think they are to close. What about just [name]Gabrielle[/name]?

I think its too close with the -ella endings. [name]Charlotte[/name] is a nice choice.

I do think they are a little close.
I like [name]Isabella[/name] with [name]Charlotte[/name].

Now that I think about it more, they really aren’t THAT close…

[name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] would be pretty, but I do love [name]Charlotte[/name]. I don’t know if I love it with [name]Isabella[/name], though…

Good luck!

[name]Just[/name] an FYI: [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] are the most popular girl/girl twin names (and 6th over all for twins). I know you’re not having twins, but I just thought I’d let you know.

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/twins.html

I, too, think that [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] are too close, because while one ends in [name]Bella[/name], they both end in [name]Ella[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Too close. [name]Charlotte[/name] will keep you from looking like you’re trying to raise Disney characters.

yes and it screams trendy, sorry

Here are some other options that work well with [name]Isabella[/name] and still keep that Italian, feminine feel:

[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Emanuele[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Giuliana[/name]
[name]Katarina[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Marisa[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Renata[/name]
[name]Rosina[/name]
[name]Sarafina[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Like any of those? They are a bit less trendy than [name]Gabriella[/name] (and less matchy), but still match the style of [name]Isabella[/name]!

I love lemon’s suggestions and want to echo canadianne about using [name]Gabrielle[/name], as I think that could preserve much of the name and allow for just enough distinction. Also, I just happen to prefer [name]Gabrielle[/name]. :slight_smile:

Yes, I think so. You could try taking the “ella” off one of them and that may solve it.