Isabella & Isla

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,

I’ve been reading this site for awhile now and came out of lurking for some help.

I have two daughters named [name]Isabella[/name] & [name]Isla[/name]. I know what most of you guys are probably thinking. [name]Way[/name] too close for siblings. In my defense, I had [name]Isla[/name] 10 months and 3 days after [name]Isabella[/name] so clearly I wasn’t thinking straight. HAHA

[name]True[/name] is, I love both of their names. The problem now is with baby number 3 due on Halloween. Another girl. I need suggestions. Friends are saying that I have to go with another ‘I’ name to complete the set, but I can’t find one I love. What do you think?
Any suggestions on names to go [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]?

Thanks,

[name]Jane[/name]

If you did continue your I theme, I might choose something like [name]India[/name]. It’s spunky and fresh, yet vintage and cool. [name]Indy[/name] is a cute nickname, too - does [name]Isabella[/name] go by a nickname? I’m assuming [name]Isla[/name] does not considering her name is so short on its own!

Anyway, if you wanted something in the same feminine spirit as [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name], here are some I’d recommend:

[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Julietta[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Most any feminine name beginning with a vowel sounds very pretty with [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. If it also ends with an “a” it seems as if the sibling set was thought-out from the start:
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Uma[/name] (I don’t like this, but you get the idea.)

Personally I’d probably go for an I name at this point (unless you’re pretty much certain you’ll have more children and that this child would’t end up being the only one without an I name) but I don’t think you have to be tied if you can’t find any I names you like. I would stay away from I names with too many S or L sounds though because both are prominent in [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name].

I love [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]India[/name] and also suggest:

[name]Imogen[/name] (IM-uh-jun) nn [name]Jen[/name] or [name]Immy[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name] (another cool way to get to the nn [name]Indi[/name], there’s a teenage character on my fav Aussie soap who’s very pretty calle [name]Indigo[/name] who goes almost solely by [name]Indi[/name] so I have really positive associations with this name!)
[name]Iris[/name] (I love this name and its meaning but can’t decide if it’s too close to [name]Isla[/name])
[name]Ingrid[/name] - and I name that would fit with your other girls but definitely stand out as it’s one of the only strong sounding I names in my opinion
[name]Irina[/name] - I love love love this name and that it means peace. Makes me think of a ballerina or a model hehe :slight_smile:
[name]Ianthe[/name]
[name]Indira[/name] - yet another way to get to [name]Indi[/name] if you like it, and it means beauty :slight_smile:
[name]Imara[/name] - nn [name]Immy[/name] or [name]Mara[/name]
[name]Imana[/name] - means [name]Faith[/name], maybe nn [name]Marni[/name]
[name]Inka[/name]

If you decide against another I name I can make more suggestions but thought I’d try these first as I think it’d be lovely for this daughter to share her sisters’ initial :slight_smile:

My favs with [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are; [name]Indigo[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Irina[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Imara[/name].

Good luck!

Thanks ladies!

This will be our last baby so I’d only have to come up with one more “i” name and I like the idea of it, but I have to love it. [name]Ivy[/name] was my favorite until last month when the girls came home from summer camp covered in Poison [name]Ivy[/name]. They now hate the name and I can’t blame them.

I liked [name]Imogen[/name], but my husband and his family say it’s pronounced Im-muh-gene/jean, which I don’t like.

[name]Lemon[/name], thanks for the suggestion of [name]India[/name]. I love it. That’s an ‘I’ name I didn’t think of and no one suggested to me. Plus, love the nickname [name]Indie[/name]. That’s so cute. I’ll have to run it by my husband.

[name]Isla[/name] always calls [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and some of her close friends do too, but mostly she is [name]Isabella[/name]. [name]Isabella[/name] calls [name]Isla[/name] [name]Lala[/name], but she is the only one. :slight_smile:

I also love the name [name]Eve[/name]. I like the name [name]Eva[/name] too, but maybe that’s too close to [name]Isla[/name]'s name. WDYT about [name]Eve[/name]?

Any middle name suggestions for [name]India[/name]? The other girls’ full names are

[name]Isabella[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

Oh, I’m so glad you like [name]India[/name] and [name]Indie[/name]! Hopefully your husband will, too.

Hm. Middle names? [name]Isabella[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] both have a total of five syllables, so perhaps you would want to continue with that? Another thing I noticed is that [name]June[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] both have that “j” sound to start ‘em off - I don’t know how similar you want the girls’ names to be, though, and you’d probably end up reusing initials if you continued that (e.g., [name]India[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name]). So, maybe I wouldn’t recommend that. What I would recommend, though, is:

[name]India[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Celine[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] - Gets that “j” sound, but repeats [name]Isla[/name]'s initials! Boo.
[name]India[/name] [name]Holly[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Margo[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Roxane[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Roseanne[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Simone[/name] - My favorite, by far!
[name]India[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

If you like the nn [name]Indi[/name] I also knew a girl named Indika (short i) who went by [name]Indi[/name]. But I quite like [name]India[/name]!

Since you are stopping at three it’s tempting not to push the set from starts with i to starts with Is, but most choices like [name]Isadora[/name] and [name]Isis[/name] are just too matchy. I think [name]Isolde[/name] really works (because the I sounds like an ‘E’ rather then ‘Iz or Eye’ and it doesn’t and in a ‘ah’ sound) and it got enough personality to hold it’s own. I think if you like [name]Imogen/name you’d like [name]Isolde[/name] The only down side might be that it doesn’t really have any nicknames names.

For middle names it does makes sense to continue the G/J sound if your sticking with I first names.

[name]Giovanna[/name] (which when pronounced the authentic italian way sounds like Joh-[name]Van[/name]-nuh)

• the a endings may be a bit ryhmey with [name]India[/name], sounds great with [name]Isolde[/name] [name]IMO[/name] but may
    be a culture clash. This name may also be a bit too much like [name]Genevieve[/name] with the j,n and v
    sounds.

[name]Giselle[/name]

• Seconded! I love [name]India[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] would sound good with [name]Isolde[/name] to having a similar sol/sel sound in the
    middle

[name]Janelle[/name]

• The [name]Jan[/name]/[name]Jane[/name] beginning is reminiscent of [name]June[/name] but with a french twist matches [name]Genevieve[/name]. I love
    [name]India[/name] [name]Janelle[/name]

[name]Josie[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Josephina[/name]

• It seems you’d like [name]Josie[/name] I think it has a similar feel to [name]June[/name], I think [name]India[/name] [name]Josie[/name] sounds okay, but
    [name]India[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sounds better, and [name]Josephina[/name] for [name]Isolde[/name]

[name]Justine[/name] or [name]Justina[/name]

• Like [name]Janelle[/name] begins with a J, little bit french but also sounds more unique I because of the T sound.

If you’d rather do something different with the middle names I have to agree with [name]Lemon[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Simone[/name] sounds wonderful. I also like…
[name]India[/name] [name]Danielle[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Sadie[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Sloane[/name]
If you don’t mind two word names then I’d suggest [name]India[/name] [name]Clover[/name] or [name]India[/name] [name]Laurel[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] is so good at this.

[name]Isabella[/name], [name]Isla[/name] & [name]India[/name] are a great sibset, and yes, with the two older girls having 5 syllables total, so should your third.