Isabelle Océane

I’ve been largely inactive (read: uninspired) for a while, but lately I can’t get the combo [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] Océane out of my mind. [name_m]Just[/name_m] curious, what do you all think about it? What would you choose for a first or second middle name for it? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] Océane or my original combo, [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u]?

Isabelle is a name I’ve loved for the longest time so despite the popularity, it always remains one of my top picks. I am more flexible on and open to suggestions when it comes to middle name(s), though preferably something kinda uncommon to balance [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]! Elegant and romantic are definitely the vibe I’m after. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Lovely!
I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (although much prefer it to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]) but Ocèane creates quite a magical serene combo

Do you pronounce Ocèane- oh-sheen?

1 Like

Thank you! I pronounce it o-say-AHN. I am not too concerned if people pronounce it like ocean though, since it’ll be in the middle.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] Océane.

2 Likes

Isabelle Océane is elegant and lovely

1 Like

Isabella Océane is so beautiful. Wow. I love it! I love how elegant it is without being over-the-top.

3 Likes

I absolutely adore Océane, and I think it does a delightful job of balancing out [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]! I do prefer it to [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u].

1 Like

This is so gorgeous! I much prefer it to your previous combo, it feels so lovely and unexpected while being balanced too.

2 Likes

Really pretty! I love the name Océane but worry about [name_f]English[/name_f] pronunciation—so I think it’s perfect in the middle, and balanced by something more familiar. At the same time it draws out the [name_u]French[/name_u] charm in [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].

1 Like

I am definitely team [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] Océane! I’m sorry to say, but I’m not a huge [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] fan, and I prefer [name_f]Claire[/name_f] to [name_u]Clare[/name_u]/Clara.

Isabelle [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] Océane or something seems ideal, but I know you have another [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] combo, yeah? Maybe:

Isabelle [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] Océane
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f] Océane
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Océane
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] Océane
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] Océane
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] Océane

Good luck!

I think both are great combos!

I will say, from a technical standpoint, accents can be a bit of a pain. Sometimes they’ll be included on one legal document, but not another (if you’re in the US, not sure about other areas). It doesn’t really cause problems, but I feel like, if you love a name with an accent, it’s kinda a shame that it’s not always included on your child’s name! So if you love [name_f]Oceane[/name_f] equally to Océane, then I say use that one!

I’m not from the US, but well… accent is also not used where I am, so I understand the pain. I definitely prefer Océane over [name_f]Oceane[/name_f] though. I guess it depends on how I feel (or where I’ll be) by the time I actually have a daughter (at this point it’s indeed a top choice, but still hypothetical). Thanks, btw!

Thanks, [name_u]Ash[/name_u]! I love [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] initially for the [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] connection (I consider myself Ravenclaw), and then for the sound and vibe itself. [name_u]Clare[/name_u]/Claire reminds me of the song [name_u]Clair[/name_u] de lune, which I loves a lot.

But Océane, oh my… I love how water always has this calming effect on me, and that ocean is both beautiful and powerful at the same time. I didn’t include many nature names in my combos before, but suddenly, before I knew it, [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] Océane effortlessly climbed on top of my list. I feel like it’s “complete” already, but on the other hand I do still want to add another middle to match my other combos.

I haven’t thought about [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] Océane before, as [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is another in my top 3. If I can’t have two daughters named [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] though, I might as well consider combining them together. I am loving [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] Océane from your suggestion, thank you! I much prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] over [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], but this brought me to [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]… which is another name on my short list. Wdyt of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] Océane? Or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Océane?

1 Like

Isabelle [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] Océane is nice but I think I’d prefer something more like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] Océane or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Celestina[/name_f] Océane? Not sure why but anyways. I want to like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] here but [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_u]Dagny[/name_u] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] are both in my top 3 so putting [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] in one combo seems SO weird to me lol. Still pretty, just hard for me to wrap my brain around lol.

Ha, I know what you mean! [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is actually in my top three too, and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Laetitia[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is a very solid, untouched combo for many years. In an ideal world, I’d have enough daughters to use all of my top choices… but I guess picking from our absolute favourites and let go of the rest is every berry dilemma, right? lol. I guess I just wonder when I arrive in a situation where I really need to pick, do I stick with my go-to combo or convert a first name that I love a lot into a middle name just so I can use it at all.

I think it’s really beautiful! I super love more outlandish middle names for common first names, so I think this combo is perfection.

1 Like