Isabelle or Isabel???

[name]Isabel[/name]'s just a little less trendy, and more grown-up. Nn [name]Belle[/name] works too :slight_smile:

My vote is for [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isobel[/name]

I also vote [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name]. [name]Lovely[/name]!

I prefer [name]Isabelle[/name] for sure. I think it looks more complete and softer than the other spelling.

I prefer the [name]Isabelle[/name] spelling. That being said, what middle name are you using? I think that [name]Isabelle[/name] would look better with a shorter middle name and [name]Isabel[/name] with a longer one.

I definitely prefer [name]Isabel[/name]! It seems much more classy and sophisticated. [name]Isabelle[/name] to me seems young, trendy, and overly frilly.

Much prefer [name]Isabel[/name]! It’s less popular, and I think it will age better! [name]Belle[/name] still works, you could also use [name]Bel[/name]. I also like [name]Isobel[/name].

I would spell it [name]Isobel[/name], although [name]Isabelle[/name] is up there in the most popular names lists, so that is probably the way that most people will assume it is spelt in the future, so there may be fewer misspellings in the future if you go with that.

Thanks everyone! Her middle name will be [name]Honey[/name]…it is after a song played at our wedding that has a very special meaning to us. I am not so much a fan of the [name]Isobel[/name] spelling for some reason I prefer the “a” over the “o”…but still torn between [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name]. I fear that the shorter spelling looks unfinished and might be misspelled, but I do like that it is simple and different from [name]Isabella[/name]. My concern with the longer name is that it has already been confused as [name]Isabella[/name] when written, however I do like that the nn [name]Belle[/name] is written out. ahhh what to do! lol

I counted up the votes and it looks like the [name]Isabel[/name] spelling won by quite a few votes in the end! It is definitely starting to grow on me, and my husband is all for it now. [name]How[/name] does everyone feel about [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Honey[/name]??? That just might be our winner! Thanks berries! :slight_smile:

This may seem like a silly way to decide, but it helps me. Write them out, in print, free hand, etc. Which do you prefer writing? [name]Do[/name] you like to write one name over the other? I had this same issue with [name]Annabel[/name] vs [name]Annabelle[/name]. When I write out [name]Annabelle[/name], the elle all runs together and almost looks like four e’s or four l’s. It helped me decide on the [name]Annabel[/name] spelling. Maybe this won’t matter to you at all, just a thought!

And, I love [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Honey[/name], how sweet! [name]Just[/name] seeing it typed out, I think I prefer [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Honey[/name]. [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Honey[/name] seems too sweet. :slight_smile:

Yes I do the same thing…allll the time. I think both ways are fun to write and I like how both look written, but I agree with what you said about [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Honey[/name] maybe being a little too much together. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think with [name]Honey[/name] in the middle, I am even more drawn to the simpler [name]Isabel[/name]. [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Honey[/name] is just TOO sweet.

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Honey[/name] is a great name! I too think now that I know the mn in [name]Honey[/name] I like the spelling [name]Isabel[/name] even more now :slight_smile:

Thank you! I feel so much better…now lets hope she looks like an [name]Isabel[/name] when she comes out! :slight_smile:

Well, that stripper middle name totally negates the sophistication of the first name. If that’s what you were going for - good job.

justsomemom - there is no need to be so rude. [name]Honey[/name] is a cute middle name especially if it has personal significance.
Please don’t post comments that the main point of is to be hurtful.

I vote for [name]Isabelle[/name] because it looks prettier and more complete. [name]Isabel[/name] looks kind choppy. I wouldn’t be concerned about people confusing it with [name]Isabella[/name] when written. People will do that regardless of how you spell it. They may read it off right and then forget and call her by the wrong name the next time. My name is [name]Estelle[/name] and I get called [name]Stella[/name] all the time! My ODD is [name]Isabella[/name] and gets called [name]Isabelle[/name] sometimes. She doesn’t mind though since we call her everything from [name]Bella[/name], [name]Belle[/name] to Bells. hehe