Isla, Emmeline or Evelyn?

PLEASE HELP! [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is getting a new little sister in just a few short weeks and we can’t decide on a name! So far these are our top 3 names:

• [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
    Which is your favorite and why? And what names sounds best with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]? Her middle name will be [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as it will be honouring my my husbands Grandmother. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to also suggest any other names we may like :slight_smile: Thank you so much for all of your help!

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is a beautiful name! Congrats on your second daughter too!
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a sweet name and goes with just about everything. My favourite is [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a close second. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is pretty also but I don’t like it quite as much as the other two.
Suggestions:
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] &:
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (popular though)
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Michaela[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f]/[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (however her nickname will most likely become [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and will be [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Not sure if this would bother you)
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Good luck! :slight_smile:

If you’re worried about it next to [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], I think [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is a good fit. I prefer [name_f]Isla[/name_f] the most of all of the names, but it keeps waning on our list because of people’s inability to say or spell it properly without instruction. If that doesn’t bother you, I would go with [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] make a great sibset.

My fave is [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]! I think it has a good flow, and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is the most different from [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] out of [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] are my favourite combination.

In general, my favorite is [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (and I also like it best with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]), but with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] best as her sister (and all the combos are lovely, honestly!). [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is my second favorite. I like that with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f], they have different initials, but I know a pair of sisters named [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], which feels very similar to your [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. They just seem to work, imo! I do love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], though, and [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is nice. They do seem to have a bit of similar sounds, though, which is my hesitation.

Good luck!

I like all three so I would like at factors that may break the tie.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you anticipate any problems with sharing initials? (If so [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is the best choice). Or do you like the idea of your daughters sharing an initial? If you have another child would you feel the need to go with another e name if the first two begin with e? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like enough e names that it wouldn’t be a problem ?

[name_m]How[/name_m] important is ease of spelling and pronunciation? I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] presents the most difficulties with this issue and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] the least?

[name_m]How[/name_m] important is popularity as an issue?
There are lots of Emmies out there based on the popularity of [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. Does that matter? [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is increasing in popularity and seems trendy? Does that matter?

Given my preferences on these issues, I would go with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. (Different initials trump the other concerns for me.

Same here!

My favourites from your list are [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], but neither sound good with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]. They begin with the same letter as [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], and both names have a different style than [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] sounds the best with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f].

I love the name [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]! [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is an adorable nickname too, and sounds nice with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f].

My favorite would be [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. I think it sounds great with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] and it’s just an adorable name. I’d also like to suggest [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]/ [name_u]Everly[/name_u] which I also think would make a great pairing with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f].

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is, by far, my favorite. However, [name_f]Isla[/name_f] fits best with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f].

I agree - [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is lovely! By the way, I’m really digging the combos in your signature. [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] sound great together!

I love the name [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]! So pretty. I think [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] goes well with it, because although there are many of the same letters, they make different sounds. (li=lee in [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], where as li=lie in [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], at least that’s how I’m interpreting it)