Isla & Matilda?

Ok, we used to like [name]Matilda[/name], nn [name]Tilly[/name] but I think got turned off it b/c nameberry says it’s a rockstar name b/c of heath ledger, but I just looked and it went from not in the top 1,000 to 823 in 2008, well my daughter is [name]Isla[/name] and her name went from not 1,000 to 600’s so that’s even more popular! [name]Heath[/name] Ledger’s [name]Matilda[/name] is like 3 now, so wouldn’t you have started to see a bigger bump if there was going to be one?

[name]Do[/name] you think they go well together,

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] something. .
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jean[/name]

other ideas?

thanks!

I think [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] are absolutely perfect together. I wouldn’t use [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name]-- it’s the exact combo of [name]Heath[/name] Ledger’s daughter.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Verity[/name]

I like [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] together. They are both in my top five.

Yes! [name]Love[/name] [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] together.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (if you wanted another virtue middle)
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]May[/name] (country, but I think it’s adorable)

oh, good to know! My dh actually said that, but he doesn’t know things, lol, so I didn’t believe him!

I think I like the 1 syllable mn with [name]Matilda[/name], esp. with my long last name.

Ooh I like [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Claire[/name]!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]!!

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is adorable!

Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is also adorable… I am partial though b/c my 9 month old is [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] :slight_smile:

Those are two of my favorite little girls’ names. [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name] was my choice also, and then I found out that it was what [name]Heath[/name] Ledger’s daughter’s name is. I didn’t let that deter me though; the only people that are going to know that will be us name lovers. I do love the combo of [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Claire[/name] though.

My friend just named her daughter [name]Matilda[/name] [name]True[/name]. It goes with [name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name]. They both will have a virtue name in the middle. Others:

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

I like [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Claire[/name] too. Another suggestion is [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Reese[/name].

Good luck!

I love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]! (I loved so many more, too…). I think that [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are great, and I love your last name! :slight_smile: I also love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], but like you said, I love a shorter middle with your last name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! The name made it through the night - lol, a lot of names don’t, by morning I’ve changed my mind again:)

I’m liking,
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jean[/name] - my gram’s name is [name]Jean[/name]

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Joy[/name] - I wrote in another post that [name]Julie[/name] [name]Joy[/name] was my sister’s name who died as a baby, I think it would be a great way to honor her, my mom said using the name would make her sad, but maybe I will float it by her again b/c I thinkn [name]Joy[/name] would sound great with [name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name].

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]True[/name] is interesting!

thanks again ladies!

I don’t think that you can go wrong with any of these combos. I like them all! They are beautiful. Good luck with your choice. :slight_smile:

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jean[/name] sounds spunky to me, and I love how it honors your grandma! :slight_smile: I think they’re all adorable, though! :slight_smile:

Take care!

thanks again everyone, I’m glad to get such positive responses!
I talked to my mom and she said she is fine with me using [name]Joy[/name] as a mn, I guess she was more talking about [name]Julie[/name]/[name]Julia[/name]/[name]Juliet[/name] that would make her sad (my sister’s name was [name]Julie[/name] [name]Joy[/name] and she died at 10mo - in case you missed that).

Anyway, so both names would honor someone and have the added bonus of an added nn, MJ :slight_smile: Probably [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Joy[/name] compliments [name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name] the best. We’ll see! Thanks again!!

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jean[/name]

Oh my gosh! I did miss the part about your sister passing away. I’m so sorry! I love both [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jean[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Joy[/name], and I totally agree about [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Joy[/name] sounding great together.

I love your choices, especially these two with meaning.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I was just a baby myself (2-3ish) so don’t remember her, she had Prayder [name]Willey[/name] syndrome, a really rare genetic disorder, and they say she died from SIDS but with all of her other problems it could have been anything.

[quote=“kellihope”]

Thanks, I was just a baby myself (2-3ish) so don’t remember her, she had Prayder [name]Willey[/name] syndrome, a really rare genetic disorder, and they say she died from SIDS but with all of her other problems it could have been anything.[/quote]

I’m so sorry about that, [name]Kelli[/name]. :frowning: If you think your mom will be okay with you using [name]Joy[/name], I think it would be so wonderful to name your baby girl after your sister.

(And I know I said this before, but [name]Isla[/name] is adorable!)

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] Kellihope!!!

I love Matilida with [name]Isla[/name] (remember I’m an [name]Isla[/name] mom too). I have been thinking about using [name]Matilda[/name] too (with [name]Tilly[/name] as the nickname)…only prob is I have a friend who gave [name]Tilly[/name] as a nn to her daughter for the family name “Tillotson”. So, I will have to run it by her if we are thinking about using it. But, I think it is a great combo!!! [name]LOVE[/name] it.

Oh, also wanted to share this. I was just reading the namberry blog and they suggested the nn “[name]Lollie[/name]” for [name]Caroline[/name] which I think is absolutely adorable and hubby doesn’t seem to mind it either (he is less of a [name]Matilda[/name]/[name]Tilly[/name] fan). Anyway, just as a backup…I think you and I have very similar taste. Good luck!