Isla number 90 on top 2009 list

Is this list correct?

If you look, you’ll see “[name]Isla[/name]” is number 90. Now I know everyone on here was predicting a HUGE jump, but wasn’t it around 639 last year in the top 1000?

[name]Just[/name] curious if this list is accurate or not. I knew it was a fast riser, but WOW that high of a jump surprised me.

If you read the top of that page, it states that this list came from members of their site who posted lists. That means it probably won’t be accurate compared to SSA lists but is a pretty good predictor of what names pregnant parents are considering for their children. My guess is that [name]Isla[/name] and others like [name]Violet[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Edward[/name], etc. will take quite large leaps on the SSA name lists when they are posted this coming Mother’s [name]Day[/name].

Yes, that list is VERY misleading, though it was publicized as if it were the “official” list of most popular names. We could publish a nameberry Top 100 too, and I guarantee you it would look not very much like the national Top 100. But it’s also correct to say that there’s some predictive power here, and yes, I too bet that [name]Isla[/name] will be much higher on this year’s official list when it comes out in [name]May[/name].