Isla or Anouk?

[name]Hi[/name] all. We found out we are expecting a girl. I was wondering what you think of our choices so far?

[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]

[name]TIA[/name]!

[name]How[/name] do your pronounce [name]Anouk[/name]? I think it could be cute, but I’m curious about the meaning/significance. I love [name]Isla[/name], but I can’t use it in my area because it would always be pronounced eesla. I really like [name]Freya[/name], but I try to stay away from mythological god names because I’m a [name]Christian[/name]. [name]Astrid[/name] is nice, but I don’t like what it could be shortened to. Same reason I can’t use [name]Aspen[/name].

The only one I’m not a big fan of is [name]Anouk[/name]. I do tend to prefer more feminine names, so maybe that has something to do with it. I adore [name]Freya[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Astrid[/name] are lovely, too, but [name]Freya[/name] is my number one from your list.

[name]Isla[/name] is so pretty to me! I like [name]Freya[/name] too but not the others so much.

[name]Anouk[/name] is pronounced ah-nook. It is a Dutch variation of [name]Anne[/name]. [name]Anouk[/name] I got from the books Chocolat/The Girl With the Lollipop shoes. [name]Astrid[/name] is also from one of my favorite books White Oleander. [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Freya[/name] I just like.

Didnt see the post above me until after I posted this link, anyways here is an audio to enjoy. http://www.forvo.com/word/anouk/#fr I dont know if it would go over well with English speakers because nook sounds like “nook and cranny” or a book nook.

I think [name]Isla[/name] is nicer :slight_smile:

I love [name]Freya[/name]!! Here’s the order I like them in:

1. [name]Freya[/name]
  2. [name]Astrid[/name]
  3. [name]Isla[/name]
  4. [name]Anouk[/name]

[name]Love[/name] all of them. [name]Anouk[/name] is gorgeous. So is [name]Isla[/name]. If I had to choose I’d go with [name]Isla[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Anouk[/name] preferably haha.

[name]Astrid[/name] is a no from me!

[name]Anouk[/name] is interesting.

[name]Isla[/name] is way too trendy right now.

I guess my vote would go for [name]Freya[/name] if you are in the US, it isn’t even top 1000 there is it? I was so surprised by that because it’s top 20/30 here in the UK.

[name]Isla[/name] is my favorite by far! It is a beautiful name.

My favorites in order:

1. [name]Freya[/name]
  2. [name]Anouk[/name]
  3. [name]Isla[/name]
  4. [name]Astrid[/name]

I like [name]Isla[/name]. Very pretty. I also like [name]Anouk[/name]. I knew a girl named Anouska. I always thought it was pretty. [name]Freya[/name] is one of my favorites. I like [name]Astrid[/name] too. Heck! You couldn’t go wrong with any of these names!