Isla or Lila

See the results of this poll: Lila or Isla

Respondents: 32 (This poll is closed)

• Lila Kateri : 17 (53%)
  • Isla Kateri: 15 (47%)

Impossible poll! I’m having the same dilemma. I do however think that [name]Isla[/name] has not got a trendy vibe whatsoever with Kateri. I still can’t decide, though. Sorry!

[name]Isla[/name]. Beautiful classic and elegant.

I definitely prefer [name]Isla[/name] over [name]Lila[/name] - just a shame it’s getting more popular now but it IS a beautiful name

Thanks everyone! I am leaning towards [name]Lila[/name] but I still cannot decide

The problem is that they sound soooo similar. If you like one you like both. I would’ve stayed with [name]Lila[/name] on the basis that [name]Isla[/name] could be a bit iffy on people pronouncing it correctly, but since [name]Isla[/name] is gaining popularity this likely won’t be applicable. I do like both. I considered [name]Isla[/name] myself, and then went with [name]Elsa[/name]. You could consider and weigh that the very likely shortened versions will be either Lie or Eye. I hate nicknames in general so I would personally enforce using the proper and whole name. (Come on people, it’s only 4 letters!)

This may seem a little ridiculous but when I’m in a similar dilemma, between two names that I am fervently in love with I will sometimes make a decision based on how well the name looks written in my handwriting. I don’t know why but some names just look better than others in that sense. Sometimes I really hate the way I form a certain letter so I may avoid it. Or I love the way I write a certain letter and I lean towards it. It seems silly but it has a little more bones behind it than simply flipping a coin.

I voted [name]Lila[/name] since [name]Isla[/name] is surging in popularity, whereas [name]Lila[/name] has been around for quite some time and doesn’t seem so “flash-in-the-pan”-ish to me.

I voted [name]Lila[/name] for the same reasons - easier to pronounce and not as trendy, although I don’t think [name]Isla[/name] is terribly trendy either.

Thanks everyone I have decided to go with [name]Lila[/name] Kateri!