Isolation Twin Baby Name Bracket

Hello Berries!

In order to have some fun while being super pregnant and stuck at home my husband and I have decided to do a baby name bracket to narrow down our name lists. For those of you who don’t know what I am referring to, you can google baby name bracket.

We each have to come up with 16 names that we want to add in and will work our way to our top 4 that we’ll have for when the babes are born. For those who missed the announcement, we’re having 2 boys!

Our tastes are very different so this is going to be quite the adventure. He likes more common names and I like more unique names.

Here are my 16 names, please let me know your thoughts and if you think I am missing any winners.

[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
Colson
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_m]Morrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m]
Renly
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Watson[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]

Thanks!

That is awesome!! This satisfies my missing out on [name_u]March[/name_u] Madness too. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Alden[/name_u], [name_m]Walden[/name_m], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]Harlan[/name_m], and [name_m]Orson[/name_m]? Good luck and take care!

[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]- I’m not a big fan, I must admit. It’s sounds a bit sharp, a bit unamey to me. [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_m]Abram[/name_m], [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] and [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] came to mind

[name_m]Adler[/name_m] - this is cool. It feels somewhere between familiar and adventurous, a little mysterious yet cute

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] -bold with great meaning!

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - fun, rough and tumble and cute. I think this crosses between unique and common quite well

[name_u]August[/name_u]- love the warm, sunny classic vibes of [name_u]August[/name_u]. Like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], I think it fits between styles.

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] - [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] has a kind of elegance, a mythic vibe but also a chilled feeling. I like it

Colson -trendy but not it a bad way. I like it. [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], [name_m]Colton[/name_m] and [name_u]Calder[/name_u] came to mind

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] - funky yet sleek and sophisticated. I like it. You might also like [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] and [name_u]Wallis[/name_u]

[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]- it’s okay, nothing wrong with it, I just find it a tad harsh. [name_m]Layton[/name_m] came to mind

[name_m]Morrison[/name_m] -i prefer just [name_m]Morris[/name_m] as [name_m]Morrison[/name_m] reminds me of the supermarket, sorry. That might not be a problem for you though. [name_m]Monty[/name_m], [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] and [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] came to mind

[name_m]Oslo[/name_m] -love this. It’s quirky and different with the familiar sounds of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Milo[/name_m]

[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] - charming and distinctive. You might also like [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m] and [name_m]Maximillian[/name_m]

Renly- I’m not a huge fan, sorry. [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] or [name_m]Radley[/name_m]?

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] - nice name but the [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] association completely puts me off.

[name_m]Watson[/name_m] -i like this, literary, scientific and surnamey -it has a lot going for it

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] -rugged, charming and wild

1 Like

Nice list! My favourites are [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_m]Watson[/name_m] and [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].

Have you considered:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
Wolfram
Wulfric
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Winslow[/name_u]

What a great idea! Good luck!

My favorite from your list is [name_m]Quentin[/name_m], and I really like [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], and [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] as well. Suggestions: [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on your list:

[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]-I like this. It’s different & quirky, but not too out there. Plus the nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m] is kind & humble sounding.

[name_m]Adler[/name_m]-I’m not a huge fan of the sound of this one. Not sure why. Plus, I’d personally stay away from it being that ‘[name_m]Ad[/name_m]’ names are so popular for girls.

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]-Although I’m not personally into this one, I do think that it’s kind of cool & different. I don’t mind it. You could do the nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m] here too.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]-Very cute. Quirky & a little cowboy sounding. Maybe getting popular soon, if that bothers you. Could just be popular amongst name nerds though. I love the sweet nn of [name_u]Ari[/name_u]. (my kitty’s name!)

[name_u]August[/name_u]-This is handsome. Rugged yet artsy. [name_u]Gus[/name_u] & [name_m]Augie[/name_m] are both adorable nns.

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]-This isn’t bad. I prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] or [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], but this is different. [name_m]Cas[/name_m] is a cool nn either way.

Colson-Hm. I’m not a fan of this one. ‘[name_m]Son[/name_m]’ names are kind of trendy right now, & I feel like it has to be the right one for me to like it. I like [name_m]Gibson[/name_m], [name_m]Lawson[/name_m], [name_m]Dawson[/name_m], but this one isn’t doing it for me.

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]-I don’t care for this one. I think that it’s used for girls more anyway. It lends to the nn of ‘[name_f]Holly[/name_f]’, which is very feminine.

[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]-Oh, there’s [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]! I like this one. It doesn’t sparkle, but it’s a good solid name that’s not heard too often.

[name_m]Morrison[/name_m]-I think that this is kind of neat, but it really reminds me of [name_m]Jim[/name_m] [name_m]Morrison[/name_m]. Great music…not someone I’d want my kid associated with.

[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]-I’ve never considered this name, but it’s kind of cool. Definitely unique.

[name_m]Quentin[/name_m]-Meh, I’ve never been a fan of this one. It just sounds geeky, but not in a fun way. In a jerky way somehow.

Renly-This seems a bit trendy & made up-ish.

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]-I like this. It’s very rough & tumble.

[name_m]Watson[/name_m]-This is kind of cool. It’s not one that I’d personally consider, but I like it for other people, LOL.

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]-This is adorable. See [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].

In conclusion, I’ll do my top five in order to help narrow it down:

1. [name_u]August[/name_u]

2. [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

3. [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]

4. [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]

5. [name_u]Abbott[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love, love, love your taste in names.

My top four would be Renly, [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], Colson, and [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]. [name_m]Adler[/name_m], [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m], and [name_m]Watson[/name_m] are also fantastic.

Thank you for all the feedback so far! I am already thinking of adjusting my list slightly. I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and I’m also crushing on [name_u]Linden[/name_u] right now.

I am almost certain [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] will be on my husband’s list.

I am also pronouncing [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_u]CASS[/name_u]-ee-uhn. I know it can be [name_m]Cash[/name_m]-uhn like [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]. Would you suggest another spelling to avoid confusion?

1 Like

You do have a great list! I really like [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], too. And I have never heard [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] pronounced “[name_m]Cash[/name_m]-uhn” before…I always say “[name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-uhn”, and I’m pretty sure most people will assume that’s how it’s pronounced because that’s how it looks. So, yeah, I wouldn’t worry about it. :slight_smile:

My favorites are [name_m]Adler[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_u]Linden[/name_u], & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. I hope you’ll post the results when you narrow it down to the final four! So interested to hear what you end up with!

My favourites are Wilder, August, Arlo, Thatcher, and Abbott.

Cassian is nice but I’m majorly crushing on Caspian at the moment!

Fun! [name_m]Will[/name_m] you let us know the results or keep it a surprise?

You have a cool list. I wonder what will be on his…

These are my favourites:

[name_m]Adler[/name_m]: Very cool sound, but very uncommon (without feeling too out there). [name_u]Love[/name_u] its outdoorsy vibe and powerful meaning.

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]: This has grown on me a lot lately, especially seeing how much positivity it gets on this site. It’s soft yet sturdy and dignified. My only criticism would be that it seems a little more formal and saintly than your general style.

[name_u]August[/name_u]: I just think this is a gorgeous name. Super strong, traditional but never overused, and just so cool. This is my personal #1 from your list.

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]: I love [name_u]Cass[/name_u] names, and this is no exception. It’s surprisingly underused but widely familiar and with a lovely soft yet solid sound.

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]: I really like this, and I like the softer sound of it. Totally unisex for me, but extra cool for a boy.

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]: I like the rugged, rough-and-tumble, outdoorsy vibe of this one, as well as the literary link. I do think this one is poised for greater popularity, though, if that bothers you. But it’s full of energy and mischief!

So the first match-ups are in and I am actually quite surprised by many of my husband’s selections. We picked the names out of a hat so the match-ups are completely random. It will probably take us a week or so to get through to the next round but I’ll update when we get there.

What are your votes?

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] vs [name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m] vs [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m] vs [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
Renley vs [name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u] vs [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] vs [name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] vs [name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u] vs [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]

[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] vs [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Garreth[/name_m] vs [name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] vs [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] vs [name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] vs [name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] vs [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] vs [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u] vs [name_m]Watson[/name_m]

This is such a fun idea! My favorites from your list are: [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_u]Hollis[/name_u], [name_m]Lawson[/name_m], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]

My winners from the bracket:
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Garreth[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] vs [name_m]Casper[/name_m] (I can’t decide! I love all [name_m]Cas[/name_m]- names)
[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] (though I really like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] too)
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]

Oh this is so fun! Here are my picks:

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] vs [name_m]Linus[/name_m] = [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m] vs [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] = [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m] vs [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] = [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
Renley vs [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] = Renley
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u] vs [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] = [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] vs [name_m]Amos[/name_m] = “[name_m]Amos[/name_m] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]” :eek:
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] vs [name_u]Mason[/name_u] = [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u] vs [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] = [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]

[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] vs [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] = [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Garreth[/name_m] vs [name_m]Winston[/name_m] = [name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] vs [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] = [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] vs [name_m]Oslo[/name_m] = [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] vs [name_m]Casper[/name_m] = [name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] vs [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] = [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] vs [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] = [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u] vs [name_m]Watson[/name_m] = [name_m]Watson[/name_m]

Your husband has some great suggestions!

My votes:

[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] (this was the hardest, both lovely but I adore [name_u]Sully[/name_u] and [name_u]Van[/name_u] as potential short forms)
[name_m]Watson[/name_m]

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] vs [name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m] vs [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m] vs [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
Renley vs [name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Abbott[/name_u] vs [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] - TIE
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] vs [name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] vs [name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u] vs [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]

[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] vs [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Garreth[/name_m] vs [name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] vs [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] vs [name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] vs [name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] vs [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] vs [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u] vs [name_m]Watson[/name_m]

My votes would go to:

[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]

My votes would be:
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Adler[/name_m]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]

Okay my votes!

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Linus[/name_m]- [name_m]LINUS[/name_m]. I actually quite like the sound of [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] but can’t help but associate it with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] which kinda kills it’s desirability to me.

[name_m]Adler[/name_m] vs. [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]- [name_m]ADLER[/name_m]. Between the two I like the sound better, though neither are my favorites. I would prefer [name_m]Alder[/name_m], which I’m surprised isn’t here considering [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u] are.

[name_m]Leif[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- [name_m]THEODORE[/name_m]! I have always adored this name, which is why we used it as my son’s middle name. [name_m]Leif[/name_m] is a great name, it judt doesn’t hold a candle to [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] for me.

Renley vs. [name_u]Ridley[/name_u]- [name_u]RIDLEY[/name_u]. [name_m]How[/name_m] funny that these two came head to head already! Renley reminds me of GoT and [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] of [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] [name_m]Scott[/name_m], and between those two associations [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] is preferable.

[name_u]Abbott[/name_u] vs. [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]- [name_u]ABBOTT[/name_u]. [name_u]Abbott[/name_u] isn’t something I normally go for, but honestly is has such a pleasant sound. [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] just doesn’t appeal to me.

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Amos[/name_m]- [name_m]AMOS[/name_m]. I get the appeal of [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] and understand why it’s trending, but if it’s between a surname and a traditional given name, the given name is going to win out for me 9 times out of 10. Also [name_m]Amos[/name_m] is so strong and has so much history, it holds up in a way that a fleeting trend does not.

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] vs. [name_u]Mason[/name_u]- [name_u]ARLO[/name_u]. Much like [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Amos[/name_m]. Also I’m just tired of hearing [name_u]Mason[/name_u] on the playground.

[name_u]Ollie[/name_u] vs. [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]- [name_u]HUDSON[/name_u]. I love [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]- as a nickname. And while I’m not super keen on surnames as given names, I’m even less keen on cutesy nicknames on a birth certificate. [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] has a more formal quality that wins out.

[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]- [name_m]QUENTIN[/name_m]. I almost couldn’t choose, this was the closest any of these cane to a tie for me, they’re both lovely names! I briefly skipped this one and continued on, and after completely the rest of the list and voting for [name_u]Linden[/name_u], decided to say goodbye to [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and let [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] take the W.

[name_m]Garreth[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Winston[/name_m]- [name_m]WINSTON[/name_m]. I want to like [name_m]Garreth[/name_m]. I like names similar to [name_m]Garreth[/name_m]. I like all the sounds it’s comprised of. [name_m]Just[/name_m], not combined the way they are in [name_m]Garreth[/name_m] for some reason.

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] vs. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]- [name_m]AMBROSE[/name_m]. [name_m]Thos[/name_m] was a tough one for me. I really like both of these names and if not pitted against each other so soon, could have seen them making it to the end. Between the two [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] edges out slightly ahead for me. It has a bit of a romantic quality to it that I really enjoy.

[name_u]August[/name_u] vs. [name_m]Oslo[/name_m]- [name_u]AUGUST[/name_u]. No contest here.

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Casper[/name_m]- [name_m]CASPER[/name_m]! [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] is nice but kind of feels, Idk, like it’s trying too hard?
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] is excellent.

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Lawson[/name_m]- [name_m]FERRIS[/name_m]. If it didn’t rhyme with our surname I’d have [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] on a short list as a first or middle option.

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] vs. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]- [name_m]HUGO[/name_m]! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is such a fabulous name. [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] is pretty workable as far as surname names go and has longevity in a way that many of the other trendy surname names do not. But it still couldn’t stand up to [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].

[name_u]Linden[/name_u] vs. [name_m]Watson[/name_m]- [name_u]LINDEN[/name_u]! I’m really partial to [name_u]Linden[/name_u], much the same way I’m fond of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and it has some of the same sound appeal as others here like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Lawson[/name_m] but with a much more attractive vibe.

I love [name_u]Abbott[/name_u], [name_m]Adler[/name_m], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] & [name_m]Cassian[/name_m].