Italian Twins!!

Hello! The birth date of the twin boys we are adopting is quickly approaching, and we are nowhere near finalizing our names! Our beautiful boys are Italian, and we are adopting semi-locally within [name]Italy[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though we live in [name]Italy[/name] now, neither of us are Italian and we don’t plan on living here forever, so our boys first names will reflect our heritages and preferences, while we want the middle name to be distinctly Italian to reflect where our boys are from.

We have a five-year-old son named [name]Axel[/name] [name]Marcello[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name] (last name), who was also adopted. We call him [name]Axel[/name] at home, but almost everyone else in our small town knows him as [name]Marco[/name]. (funny story: when we brought our baby home for the first time, our neighbors all came over to see him. the old man who lived across the street looked at our baby and then said to our faces, “you know, [name]Marcello[/name] is a MUCH better name than this [name]Axel[/name], eh [name]Marco[/name]?” From then on, everyone called him [name]Marco[/name]. He actually loves having these two names, so we want to make sure that we love our twin boys’ middle names just as much as their firsts, in case something similar happens.)

Here are our thoughts on firsts:

[name]Finn[/name] - Daddy’s father is from Finland, and that’s where his parents met. They love their country, and this would be a really cool way to honor that.
[name]Riley[/name] - so popular (but not in [name]Italy[/name]), so we’re not too sure
[name]Ridley[/name] - ‘rid’ seems unappealing to most, but we [name]LOVE[/name] this! (also love [name]Ridley[/name] [name]Scott[/name] and much of his work)
[name]Everett[/name] - Daddy loves this!!
[name]Owen[/name] - we love this with [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name] - too [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Tarantino[/name]?
[name]Quinton[/name] - we like both [name]Quentin[/name] and [name]Quinton[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] - always reminds me of the city in [name]Italy[/name] called [name]Lucca[/name], which is a nice reminder
[name]Cruz[/name] - we like this, but don’t love it
[name]Damon[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] the story of [name]Damon[/name] and Pythias, but…too [name]Matt[/name] [name]Damon[/name]?

and middles:
[name]Amadeo[/name]
[name]Achilleo[/name]
[name]Cielo[/name]
[name]Enrico[/name]
[name]Romano[/name]
[name]Tomasso[/name]
[name]Massimo[/name]
[name]Alessandro[/name]
[name]Fabio[/name]

Our favorite combos so far are:
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Romano[/name] and [name]Ridley[/name] [name]Enrico[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Amadeo[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] [name]Alessandro[/name]

Any combos, first name suggestions, or middle name suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated! Our pets are Peppino (dog), [name]Gemella[/name] (cat) and [name]Gianna[/name] (cat), just in case you want to take these in to account. Thanks so much!!

Niklas & [name]Leah[/name]

[name]EDIT[/name]: we live in a small town near [name]Florence[/name], so the naming style there is still pretty strictly Italian, with many younger kids having names like [name]Lorenzo[/name], [name]Alessandro[/name], [name]Paola[/name], [name]Francesco[/name], [name]Pietro[/name], etc.

[name]Hi[/name], Niklas and [name]Leah[/name]!

[name]Axel[/name] [name]Marcello[/name] is fantastic, and I love that he has the cute nickname [name]Marco[/name] to go by as well! So sweet…

[name]Finn[/name] - [name]Finn[/name] is a cute way to honor your husband’s Finnish heritage, but it feels a little incomplete to me. Also, I feel like it is on the rise, probably not in [name]Italy[/name] but elsewhere. Where would you move after you left [name]Italy[/name]?

[name]Riley[/name] - [name]Riley[/name] sounds a little bit soft compared to the harsh sounds of [name]Axel[/name], not to mention it is unisex and popular. I would say bye-bye to [name]Riley[/name]…

[name]Ridley[/name] - This sounds like a great name, for a dog. I’m sorry! I just can’t see a boy (or girl) being called [name]Ridley[/name], and then there is the “Rid” issue - you just know in passing he will be called Rid by at least one person. I’d say goodbye to [name]Ridley[/name], too…

[name]Everett[/name] - I’m not a huge [name]Everett[/name] fan, but I like the sound of it, especially with your last name.

[name]Owen[/name] - This is cute with [name]Everett[/name], but, again, perhaps it is too light with [name]Axel[/name]. I can’t say for sure - but I do like this name!

[name]Quentin[/name] - Yes, too [name]Tarantino[/name] in my opinion. It is the only thing I think of! But, [name]Quentin[/name] does work very well with [name]Axel[/name], so there is that to consider…

[name]Quinton[/name] - This looks like a misspelling of [name]Quentin[/name]. Maybe it would be better as [name]Quintin[/name]? I don’t know, but I think I like [name]Quentin[/name] better.

[name]Luca[/name] - This always looks feminine to me, so I just can’t see [name]Luca[/name] as a brother to [name]Axel[/name]. No way.

[name]Cruz[/name] - [name]Cruz[/name] is amazing with [name]Axel[/name], in my opinion, but you don’t love it! So, maybe it is a goner…

[name]Damon[/name] - [name]Way[/name] too [name]Matt[/name] [name]Damon[/name], far worse than [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Tarantino[/name]. Not to mention it reminds me of [name]Damian[/name], the devil-child of The Omen fame. (Internal shuddering…)

SUGGESTIONS:

[name]Davin[/name] - [name]Davin[/name] is a Scandinavian name meaning “Finnish person,” so what better way to honor Daddy’s heritage and family? I think it combines the sounds of [name]Damon[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name] nicely, too. I also like it because [name]Axel[/name] is a Scandinavian name…

[name]Eero[/name] - This is a Scandinavian name meaning “ruler,” and I like its quirky, offbeat personality. It is sort of like [name]Luca[/name] in that respect! I don’t know if you are a fan of architecture, but [name]Eero[/name] Saarinen was a famous Finnish-American architect known for simple, sweeping architectural curves and modern designs. This name might be a bit too unique for you, though…

[name]Frey[/name] - This is a Scandinavian name meaning “god of weather.” Its light, airy sound reminds me of [name]Finn[/name], so I thought it might appeal to you, and I actually like it with [name]Axel[/name]!

[name]Halden[/name] - It means “half-Danish,” but I think the name has a similar feel to [name]Quentin[/name], [name]Quinton[/name], and [name]Damon[/name] with the same lightness of [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Ridley[/name].

[name]Jensen[/name] - It is a Scandinavian name meaning “son of [name]Jens[/name],” but it sounds amazing with [name]Axel[/name]. It has a similar feel to [name]Quentin[/name] and [name]Damon[/name], but I prefer its melodic sound more, personally.

[name]Thor[/name] - Well, it means “thunder,” not surprisingly since [name]Thor[/name] is the Old Norse god of thunder! This might be a little inaccessible, but it is pretty cool to have the name of a god, right?

[name]Viggo[/name] - One of my favorites for you, this Scandinavian name means “battle.” You have ([name]Matt[/name]) [name]Damon[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name] ([name]Tarantino[/name]), so why not add [name]Viggo[/name] Mortensen? I love it, with [name]Axel[/name], and in the context of your family.

I think my favorites are [name]Viggo[/name] and [name]Jensen[/name] - I think they are accessible while still being unique, and they work very well with big brother [name]Axel[/name]'s name. [name]Davin[/name] comes in next on my list of favorites, simply for the meaning.

[name]Amadeo[/name] - This name reminds me of [name]Wolfgang[/name] [name]Amadeus[/name] [name]Mozart[/name] and nothing else, so I’m not sure if I like it or not.

[name]Achilleo[/name] - Um, [name]Achilles[/name]? [name]Achilles[/name]’ heel? Not on board with this one.

[name]Cielo[/name] - I believe this is said like “che-lo,” correct? If so, it reminds me of a cello. It is a pretty name, but is that a good thing for a boy? I like the meaning, too, but I’m not sold. It bothers me that this name doesn’t have an easily accessible nickname like [name]Marco[/name] for [name]Marcello[/name]…

[name]Enrico[/name] - [name]Enrico[/name] Iglesias embodies this name for me. [name]Rico[/name] is cute and all, but Iglesias and his music is all I think of. If you are a fan, that’s fabulous, but I’m not sure I’d want a name with such a famous face attached to it.

[name]Romano[/name] - Is this too obvious? [name]Rome[/name] - [name]Romano[/name]. I like it, but would his nickname be [name]Romy[/name], [name]Manny[/name], something completely different? It also reminds me of [name]Ray[/name] [name]Romano[/name].

[name]Tomasso[/name] - I wasn’t aware this was a name! For some reason, when I say it, I can only think of tomatoes. But, [name]Tommy[/name] is cute.

[name]Massimo[/name] - Well, you already have [name]Marcello[/name], so how about using a different letter?

[name]Alessandro[/name] - A very familiar choice, but I don’t love it. If you do, though, then it is great!

[name]Fabio[/name] - Well, I can’t get past [name]Fabio[/name], the long hair, the everything. Enough said.

SUGGESTIONS:

Now that I basically ripped apart your middle names - sorry! - let me see what I would use!

[name]Arturo[/name] - This means “bear,” so it is either cute and cuddly or strong and manly. Not sure what his nickname could be - maybe [name]Artie[/name]?

[name]Benito[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! I have a brother called [name]Benjamin[/name], and [name]Ben[/name] just seems like an awesome name. [name]Benny[/name], [name]Benji[/name], whatever you want to call him - I just think the melody of [name]Benito[/name] sounds cool! ([name]EDIT[/name]: I understand that the Italian connection to [name]Benito[/name] Mussolini may warrant this name a poor choice.)

[name]Scirocco[/name] - An Italian word meaning “ancient Egyptian wind,” I just couldn’t pass up the [name]Rocco[/name] nickname! [name]Rocco[/name] and [name]Marco[/name] are fabulous brother names. And, I did a little research - this wind comes from the [name]Sahara[/name] and reaches hurricane speeds in [name]North[/name] [name]Africa[/name] and Southern Europe. It is also spelled [name]Sirocco[/name] or [name]Cirocco[/name] (though apparently this isn’t an accepted spelling), and it is pronounced “shir-OK-ko.”

[name]Dario[/name] - It means “upholder of the good,” so what could be better? Not to mention it reminds me of the Italian composer, [name]Dario[/name] Marianelli, who did the amazing scores for Pride & Prejudice and Atonement.

[name]Emilio[/name] - It means “to strive or excel,” and that sounds pretty good. Maybe he could be called [name]Emil[/name] or [name]Leo[/name]?

Georgino - Its meaning - “farmer” - is a little bland, but [name]Gino[/name] is such a great (perhaps stereotypd Italian-American, though) Italian name. ([name]EDIT[/name]: Apparently this name is really nerdy or something in [name]Italy[/name], so you probably shouldn’t use it. Sorry!)

[name]Ilario[/name] - It means “cheerful,” and who doesn’t want a cheerful baby? [name]Rio[/name] is a nice nickname, and it reminds me of [name]Rio[/name] de Janeiro…

[name]Leonardo[/name] - A classic name - think Da [name]Vinci[/name] - with a cool nickname, [name]Leo[/name]! Not to mention it means “lion brave.”

[name]Lorenzo[/name] - It means “laurel,” and since my name is [name]Lauren[/name], I had to suggest it. I also think [name]Renzo[/name] is a cool nickname.

[name]Raffaello[/name] - This just looks cool, and it means “God has healed,” which is nice. [name]Rafa[/name] (as in [name]Rafael[/name] Nadal’s nickname) is pretty swell, too.

So, my favorites are [name]Benito[/name] ([name]Ben[/name]), [name]Scirocco[/name] ([name]Rocco[/name]), [name]Dario[/name] ([name]Rio[/name]), [name]Leonardo[/name] ([name]Leo[/name]), and [name]Raffaello[/name] ([name]Rafa[/name]).

I wasn’t sure if ending in O was a stipulation, so I’m also including names that have different endings: [name]Giovanni[/name] ([name]Vanni[/name], [name]Van[/name]) and [name]Salvatore[/name].

MY PICKS:

[name]Axel[/name] [name]Marcello[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name] and …

[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Salvatore[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name] [name]Dario[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]

[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Giovanni[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name] [name]Leonardo[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]

[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Raffaello[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]

[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Giovanni[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]
[name]Jensen[/name] [name]Benito[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]

[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Scirocco[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]

[name]Davin[/name] [name]Raffaello[/name] [name]Pfeiffer[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], I live in [name]Italy[/name] too :slight_smile:

Honestly I think the first names you are considering are all nice but some of them would sound really weird in Italian, I’m talking about [name]Riley[/name] and [name]Ridley[/name]. I’m pretty sure most people (especially older people) would try to pronounce [name]Riley[/name] “ree lay”, and the “r” sounds are so different in english and italian so it would sound weird I think…
[name]Finn[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name] are probably the most understandable to Italians.
And [name]Luca[/name] as well of course, even though I personally don’t like the way they pronounce it in Tuscany where you live, but that’s another story hehe

Middles:

[name]Amadeo[/name] - never heard of this spelling. [name]Amedeo[/name] is the standard spelling used in [name]Italy[/name]. It’s not a common name at all, especially on children.
[name]Achilleo[/name] - I just googled it and apparently it’s a saint’s name. Very very rare. [name]Achille[/name] is more known, but still rare.
[name]Cielo[/name] - this is not a name obviously, it’s a word and it means “sky”. It would be a little odd used as a name and I’m not even sure they would let you use it.
[name]Enrico[/name] - I don’t care for it but it’s a normal name at least haha
[name]Romano[/name] - I like it
[name]Tomasso[/name] - this is spelled wrong. [name]Tommaso[/name] is the correct spelling. Very popular among children.
[name]Massimo[/name] - it’s a bit dated like [name]Enrico[/name] but I guess it’s an ok name
[name]Alessandro[/name] - nice but sooo common
[name]Fabio[/name] - nice

Erm… sorry [name]Lemon[/name] but I don’t think these suggestions are that great unfortunately…

The name [name]Benito[/name], in case you didn’t know, is inevitably linked to the dictator, [name]Benito[/name] Mussolini. No one in [name]Italy[/name] would ever name a son [name]Benito[/name] (well, unless you are a nostalgic fascist sympathizer but that would be pretty sad). So yeah, it just doesn’t sound cool at all!

[name]Cirocco[/name] is not a baby name and it’s also spelled wrong. The correct and only spelling is [name]Scirocco[/name] and it’s the name of a wind.

And Georgino, well…I guess Georgino makes a perfect name if you want your kid to get beat up on the playground! hahahahah sorry but it’s ridiculous! :smiley: and [name]Gino[/name] sounds like an old man’s name.
[name]Giorgio[/name] is much better and then you can call him Giorgino when he is little, just don’t put it on the birth certificate! haha

[name]Chiara[/name], this is excellent advice and it’s so great that you have on-the-ground knowledge of Italian spellings and name trends and practices – so difficult to divine from outside the culture! I love the idea of a more international and personally-meaningful first name and a decidedly Italian middle, but the one thing I would add in terms of first name choice is that a name closely tied to an ethnicity NOT Italian feels odd, so I don’t feel like [name]Finn[/name] or [name]Riley[/name] work.

I love both [name]Quentin[/name] and [name]Quinton[/name] and think that would be an excellent way to go. Think either of these sound good with [name]Axel[/name] too, plus go very well with many of your other choices. [name]Owen[/name] (my own son’s name) is a bit Celtic but definitely fits in.

My favorites would be [name]Everett[/name] [name]Cielo[/name] & [name]Owen[/name] [name]Alessandro[/name]!
What do you think about [name]Alessio[/name] instead of [name]Alessandro[/name]?

I think I would tend to go with shorter first names to match [name]Axel[/name].
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Romano[/name] and [name]Cruz[/name] [name]Amadeo[/name]?
I do think that [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] go great with each other, I’m just not sure if they’re the best match with [name]Axel[/name].

"Erm… sorry [name]Lemon[/name] but I don’t think these suggestions are that great unfortunately…

The name [name]Benito[/name], in case you didn’t know, is inevitably linked to the dictator, [name]Benito[/name] Mussolini. No one in [name]Italy[/name] would ever name a son [name]Benito[/name] (well, unless you are a nostalgic fascist sympathizer but that would be pretty sad). So yeah, it just doesn’t sound cool at all!

[name]Cirocco[/name] is not a baby name and it’s also spelled wrong. The correct and only spelling is [name]Scirocco[/name] and it’s the name of a wind.

And Georgino, well…I guess Georgino makes a perfect name if you want your kid to get beat up on the playground! hahahahah sorry but it’s ridiculous! :smiley: and [name]Gino[/name] sounds like an old man’s name.
[name]Giorgio[/name] is much better and then you can call him Giorgino when he is little, just don’t put it on the birth certificate! haha"

Sorry! I never said my suggestions were all “that great,” and I was just putting them on the table.

As far as [name]Benito[/name], maybe it isn’t the best idea for an Italian, but [name]Leah[/name] did mention they wouldn’t always live in [name]Italy[/name], so I thought it might be alright. I was going for a name with a cute nickname, and I like the sound of [name]Benito[/name], personally. In fact, maybe it is terrible to say, but I’m definitely not a fascist supporter, but I love [name]Benito[/name] - its the way the name sounds when it is said aloud! I can’t help it that Mussolini was named [name]Benito[/name], but I definitely understand those concerns wholeheartedly. My bad!

For [name]Cirocco[/name]/[name]Sirocco[/name]/[name]Scirocco[/name], I did include the alternate spellings, and said it was correctly spelled [name]Scirocco[/name] (I believe I did that), and I think it is cool that it is a wind - I’m generally not a word name fan, but this one seemed pretty neat! But, maybe that is just me…

And, I know that [name]Gino[/name] might be a typical old man name, but I just threw it in there. It isn’t my favorite, and it might not be the poster’s favorite, either. Is Georgino the Italian equivalent of [name]Linus[/name] or something? If so, I definitely had no idea - so, again, my bad.

Again, I’m sorry if my suggestions were awful, [name]Leah[/name] and Niklas. It wasn’t intended, and I wasn’t trying to make life awful for your Italian twins. Thanks for pointing this out, [name]Chiara[/name].

Congrats on your twins!

I like your idea of having one scandinavian and one italian name.

[name]Finn[/name] - I like this a lot and it goes well with [name]Axel[/name]
[name]Riley[/name] - not my fave
[name]Ridley[/name] - seems a little off somehow to me, but prefer it to [name]Riley[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] - nice name, but doesn’t seem to go as well with [name]Axel[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] - cute
[name]Quentin[/name] - definitely not too [name]Tarantino[/name], a fairly common name in [name]France[/name], prefer this spelling
[name]Quinton[/name] - prefer other spelling
[name]Luca[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this, but very popular
[name]Cruz[/name] - meh
[name]Damon[/name] - this is one of my faves

and middles:
[name]Amadeo[/name] - love it
[name]Achilleo[/name] - love it too (considering [name]Achilles[/name] as mn for our bb)
[name]Cielo[/name] - feels like a made up name, since you live in [name]Italy[/name] it seems better to use a real Italian name
[name]Enrico[/name] - not my fave
[name]Romano[/name] - [name]Roman[/name] is very popular in france these days, guessing this is in [name]Italy[/name] as well? Cute but don’t love it
[name]Tomasso[/name] love it
[name]Massimo[/name] great name
[name]Alessandro[/name] okay
[name]Fabio[/name] - my least favourite of your italian list

A few more :

[name]Elio[/name] - my all time favourite italian name, if i could legitimise using an italian name, this would be it
[name]Raphael[/name] - not sure of the italian spelling of this, but think its a very handsome name.

So, if I were naming your twins :

[name]Finn[/name] [name]Achilleo[/name]
[name]Damon[/name] [name]Elio[/name]

with [name]Luca[/name] [name]Tomasso[/name] a close 2nd

I love all of those names! I like [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Damon[/name] best.
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Massimo[/name]
and
[name]Damon[/name] [name]Alessandro[/name]

[name]Don[/name]'t worry! Actually I hope my post didn’t offend you! I wasn’t trying to say that your suggestions are awful, you’re not italian so it’s absolutely understandable that you don’t know everything about these names.
I was just pointing out how these names would be perceived in [name]Italy[/name], since this family lives in [name]Italy[/name] right now.

You know the problem with [name]Benito[/name] is that that name has never been very common, so when you hear it you automatically think of Mussolini, just like when you hear [name]Dante[/name] you think of the poet and when you hear [name]Adolf[/name] you think of Hitler. So if you meet someone named [name]Benito[/name] you automatically assume that he is named after Mussolini.

And as for [name]Cirocco[/name], yes you did include the “alternate” spellings, but the problem is that there are no alternate spellings. The word is “scirocco”, cirocco and sirocco are not alternate spellings, they are misspellings and therefore they mean nothing.
And while it might be cool that it’s a wind, it’s not a baby name. If two parents named their son [name]Scirocco[/name] in [name]Italy[/name] I’m pretty sure they would be seen as odd or crazy. That and I’m not even sure if the law would allow them to do it.

I don’t know if Georgino is the equivalent of [name]Linus[/name] haha, actually in theory the name Georgino doesn’t even exist. It is a pet name for [name]Giorgio[/name] but it would be spelled Giorgino. It just made me laugh because it sounds like a “loser”'s name, I don’t even know how to explain it… :smiley:

Again, sorry if I didn’t express myself very well but I didn’t mean to offend you or say that you gave bad suggestions! So I apologize if my post came across that way! :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about it, [name]Chiara[/name]! You were right to point it out.

I really think it is a shame about [name]Benito[/name]. The sound reminds me of [name]Pepito[/name], [name]Madeline[/name]'s friend in the [name]Madeline[/name] series, and it just sounds so cute to me! But, I guess Mussolini ruins it, as Hitler ruins [name]Adolf[/name] (which really isn’t a cute name, anyway).

As for [name]Scirocco[/name], Nameberry lists both [name]Sirocco[/name] and [name]Scirocco[/name] as possibilities. I looked it up online on a dictionary site and it says that the Italian [name]Scirocco[/name] and [name]Sirocco[/name] are both alterations of the Old Italian Scilocco! Maybe this just has too many different spellings to ever work! But, as a middle name, if people can use [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Daffodil[/name], why not [name]Scirocco[/name] and [name]Cielo[/name]? [name]Both[/name] are “word” names - is there a law regarding what children can be named in [name]Italy[/name]? Such a thing never occurred to me, as people in the US can, regrettably (in some cases), choose whatever they please to name their children…

I’m honestly more interested in what [name]Leah[/name] and Niklas choose for their twins’ first names - I can’t wait to hear what they think of the comments and suggestions on this thread!

Take care,

[name]Hi[/name]. I love the idea of a italian middle names.
My favorites are:
[name]Axel[/name] [name]Marcello[/name] and:

[name]Luca[/name] [name]Raphaello[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name] [name]Cielo[/name] ( i dont know if you mind the first letters being the same but i just like the name and the way it sounds )

[name]Axel[/name] have four letters and [name]Luca[/name] and [name]Cruz[/name] too so i think its cute.

i cant wait to hear your choices :wink:
good luck.

Wow, thank you so much for all the responses!! We’ll do our best to address all your wonderful comments, thoughts, and suggestions!

haha, no need to worry. We are looking for honest responses, no matter how “brutal” they may be.

Oh, we’d most likely be moving back to the United States from [name]Italy[/name]…I love where we are right now, but I don’t see us remaining here forever.

Oooh, we [name]LOVE[/name] your suggestion of [name]Eero[/name]!! We had glanced at some Finnish names at the beginning of our name search, but none of them really caught our eye…except for this one! While I’m not sure most Italians would get its pronunciation right off the bat, its sound, its meaning, and its connection to Finland and Niklas’ father makes it absolutely stunning for us! (one tiny tiny worry: [name]Marco[/name] and [name]Eero[/name], too close?)

We also like [name]Jensen[/name] and [name]Viggo[/name] as well, and from your middle suggestions, I think we’ll be adding [name]Emilio[/name], [name]Dario[/name], and [name]Leonardo[/name]!

This has been one of our main problems…when we first started talking about names (a long time ago!), we didn’t live in [name]Italy[/name], so our favorites were naturally composed of names that might not work very well here. Part of us (mostly [name]Leah[/name]) is very reluctant to give up on these names, but all of your guys’ suggestions are very inspiring!

We are aware that it means sky, and we’ve been worrying a bit about this. [name]Italy[/name] does have much stricter rules than in the US (although, we’re not very clear exactly on what they are), but we both love [name]Sky[/name] in English for either a male or female name, and we like its sound in Italian…I think we have some better options though.

Haha, thanks for your spelling advice. I ([name]Leah[/name]) have an (Italian) friend who’s husband’s name is [name]Tomasso[/name] (which is why we thought this spelling was correct), so not sure what’s up with that…despite the 6+ years I’ve lived here, my Italian/knowledge of Italian names is far far from perfect!

We also think that something along these lines would be cool (same number of letters, but all with distinct sounds, etc.), and hopefully we can find names we love that fit this

So, after reading through all your advice and suggestions and comments and thoughts, we’re going to put together some combos today and see if you guys have any thoughts tomorrow! Thanks so much!

Niklas & [name]Leah[/name]

I’m late to the party, but just want to add that I love [name]Quentin[/name] and [name]Quinton[/name] with [name]Axel[/name]! :slight_smile:

I won’t make any suggestions because you’re compiling a new list, and I can’t wait to see it! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Leah[/name] and Niklas!

I’m so glad you really like [name]Eero[/name]! I think [name]Eero[/name] Saarinen is pretty cool, and I’m glad it has that special connection to Finland and Niklas’ father. While I don’t think [name]Marco[/name] and [name]Eero[/name] are “too” close, they do have the same end sound - but, will many Italian nicknames (e.g., [name]Leo[/name]) have that same problem?

I’m happy [name]Viggo[/name] and [name]Jensen[/name] were semi-hits, too. I love the way they sound with [name]Axel[/name]! From your added middle names, I’m loving [name]Dario[/name] - I am a huge fan of [name]Dario[/name] Marianelli, as I said before. [name]Leonardo[/name] is cool, too, because it reminds me of da [name]Vinci[/name]! Yeah for the arts!

Good luck!

Congratulations on your twins!! We are in the process of adopting as well. My grandfather was born in [name]Lucca[/name]…great name…have you considered [name]Lucca[/name] and [name]Matteo[/name]?
[name]Kelly[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the combo: [name]Everett[/name] [name]Amadeo[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] [name]Alessandro[/name]

Other combos I like:
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Romano[/name] and [name]Quintin[/name] [name]Enrico[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Romano[/name] and [name]Damon[/name] [name]Tomasso[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] [name]Massimo[/name] and [name]Cruz[/name] [name]Achilleo[/name]