its Annetta here - dear son arrived safely

Hello
our son [name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] arrived safely 8 pd 10 oz last week. Must add I arrived to my Ob appointment thinking I was due on the sat and in fact three days over with contractions every 5-10 mins but not painful I assumed I would be sent home but no delivered our bub later that afternoon no drugs and no stitches - very happy mumma indeed.

I wanted to thank you all husband and I took some time still in delivery suite to name our son and we want to thank you all for your comments and suggestions. [name]Felix[/name] was up there but in fact a few at our local park as there are Sebastians, [name]Raphael[/name] we loved but were concerned with the dual pronunciation (I hope you get what I mean and likelihood Raf would be the nick name) - so [name]Julius[/name] it is… we thought it was a handsome name that could carry him where ever/what ever he chooses to do in life and the nick name [name]Jules[/name] could be handy for that.

anyhow husband said that given your great ideas ‘perhaps’ the nameberry name ‘experts’ might be able to help if we are to have a third boy - so although its still early days but thought I might leave it to you all what would you name our potential third son ( we prefer handsome/old fashioned names )

so [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Julius[/name] & …? what comes to mind ( must add girls name already set :wink:

thanks ever so much
[name]Annetta[/name]

Oh wow! [name]How[/name] exciting! I was checking in and waiting for the news. [name]Julius[/name] is very cool and does go well with [name]Hugo[/name].

I love how you are thinking of number 3 already hehe.

I would go with [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Julius[/name] and [name]Alfie[/name]

So, I have no suggestions on the name front at this point, but congrats to you and your husband and sons!!! [name]Julius[/name] [name]Rafael[/name] is a truly awesome name!

So, I have no suggestions on the name front at this point, but congrats to you and your husband and sons!!! [name]Julius[/name] [name]Rafael[/name] is a truly awesome name!

Wow, no drugs OR stitches? Good for you! So glad to hear that little [name]Julius[/name] is here and that all is well. Congratulations! I [name]LOVE[/name] his name! [name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] is SO handsome, I think you achieved exactly what you were aiming for in his name. Gotta say, I’m really glad you didn’t go with [name]Felix[/name], I think [name]Julius[/name] is much, much better. And I love [name]Raphael[/name] as the middle. Beautiful name! [name]Julius[/name] is rather high on my list to go with [name]Dashiell[/name], you’ll have to keep us updated on what kind of responses it gets in real life. Oh, and don’t forget you can use the nickname [name]Jude[/name], if you like that! You have seriously made my day! So happy for you and the family, enjoy your precious baby!

Congrats [name]Annetta[/name]! [name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] is very hamdsome!

What lovely news, congratulations :slight_smile:

[name]Gracie[/name]

Congratulations, [name]Annetta[/name], and welcome, little [name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]! What a handsome name. :slight_smile: I’m so glad you’re doing well, and am glad you posted! :slight_smile:

[name]Hugo[/name], [name]Julius[/name]…

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]

Best wishes to you and your family! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Julius[/name] [name]Rafael[/name]! [name]Welcome[/name] to the world, little [name]Julius[/name]!

Below is [name]Jill[/name]'s list (love it!)
[name]Arthur[/name] - my fave!
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Truman[/name] - has that long “u” sound like “oo”. [name]Hugo[/name] has the “u” sound and [name]Julius[/name] has the long “u” sound. [name]Love[/name] all three together.

I also love:
[name]Lionel[/name]
Berkely
[name]Chester[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Dmitri[/name]
[name]Ivor[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] - yeah, it’s kind of tame, but I love it!

Names that need to make a comeback so they could go with [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Julius[/name]:
[name]Stanley[/name]
[name]Sylvan[/name]
[name]Waldo[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Albert[/name]

thanks everyone for your well wishes
[name]Julius[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]'s name has been well received so far - in hospital a number of nurses said it was a very regal name and when we said to the Ob the name was almost other way around her first comment was ‘rif raf’ something we wanted to avoid :0 so happy about that!

I have really enjoyed my time on nameberry and might need to lurk :slight_smile:
best wishes everyone and again thanks for your input we found it really constructive

[name]Annetta[/name]

Huge congratulations from all of us here at nameberry, [name]Annetta[/name], and how very thoughtful of you to get in touch and tell us your great news. That definitely must have been an easy delivery to be thinking of number 3 already! (and what makes your husband so sure it would be another boy? I bet the nameberryites could have a wonderful time coming up with names for [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Julius[/name]'s little [name]SISTER[/name].)

If you’re so inclined and when you’re ready, please send a picture of the baby or of the brothers or of the whole family to me at pam@nameberry.com – we’d be delighted to feature you in a blog.

Congratulations on your new son and on choosing an excellent name!

[name]Pam[/name]
shall do I think if we are to have a third girls name will still be [name]Ivy[/name] given its a family name however there are so many others that i love including [name]Estelle[/name] but if we are to have another boy ( likely given all of my sisters only have sons :slight_smile: I have no idea and [name]Julius[/name] was one bumped off from first son’s list

again so glad i found this site
cheerios
[name]Annetta[/name]

[name]Annetta[/name]