ITS VOTING DAY! :)

See the results of this poll: What should we name our first baby?

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Avery Kathleen: 9 (33%)
  • Elliotte Joy: 3 (11%)
  • Selah Dee: 2 (7%)
  • Daisy Katherine: 13 (48%)

Really liking [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]!

Clever thread title!

I voted for [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]. Here’s my reasoning: You seem to like unisex names – you listed two at the top of your list. Your third choice was new to me (funny how some of us don’t warm up to new names quickly!), and last was [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]. I think that last is darling, but you are the one who seems to like unisex names and unusual names. Out of those, I like [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] best. In fact, very much.

[name]Just[/name] a few comments:

*If you use [name]Eliot[/name], that is how I liked it spelled best. It is simple, clear. Adding a ‘te’ at the end made me wonder if you were changing the pronouciation – el-ee-et-tah. Was that your intention? I really don’t like that. It reminds me of when some friends of mine named the runt (not expected to live) of their kitty’s litter Gerbil. When people told them that was mean (the kitten lived), they started calling her Gerbilina, which just made the insult worse. I would say if you use [name]Eliot[/name], don’t try to tart it up into more of a girly name – just go (confidently) with [name]Eliot[/name].

• I’m not loving [name]Selah[/name] [name]Dee[/name]. I can’t quite figure it out. It is unknown to me? An invention? I might change my mind once I get to know this name, but my initial impression is not good. It’s not winningly pretty. You would have to look far to find a mn I like less than [name]Dee[/name] – unless it has some sentimental value for you.

• [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is simply charming. As long as you don’t think it is original, as long as you know [name]Daisy[/name] is quite popular, just go with it. Darling.

• [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]. [name]Avery[/name] too has been around for a while and is now rather popular. I think it has potential as a new classic (of a sort). I think it has lost most of the charm of being unisex and it now viewed as mostly feminine. That might not bother you. [name]Both[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] flow well.

@bonnie

Thank you so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it a lot. Here are some reasonings/stories behind the names in my poll…

*Elliotte [name]Joy[/name] - We had a boy name picked out, [name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name]. This became our favorite and when we found out we were having a girl, it seemed to naturally transfer into a consideratin for a girl. What is special about it is that the initials “EJ” are in honor of my late grandfather (our daughter is due on the 1st anniversary of his passing). We played with the spelling to make it appear more “feminine” so that on paper, you would know she’s a girl…was not intended to change pronunciation at all. (The spelling also came from my affinity of the name [name]Charlotte[/name]-husband does not like it-but we kind of combined [name]Elli[/name] and the “otte” ending of [name]Charlotte[/name]). I’ve gone back and forth about this because I feel like she’d have to spell her name for people all her life…but even with my name being common ([name]Kelly[/name]), I have to spell it all the time!

*[name]Selah[/name] [name]Dee[/name] - I could not think of a mn to go with [name]Selah[/name]! It’s one of the few other girl names my husband likes, second to Elliotte. [name]Dee[/name] is my grandmother’s name (nn for [name]Dolores[/name], which eeek…I don’t like [name]Dolores[/name]…). I think we’re both still favoring Elliotte [name]Joy[/name] over [name]Selah[/name]…it’s a name we just started talking about.

*[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - I think this name is adorable, but the husband dislikes it. It’s a creative combo of where my husband and I were born/grew up. ([name]Daisy[/name] St. and St. [name]Catherine[/name]'s, haha). I think it sounds pretty together, but it doesn’t look to be winning right now…

*[name]Avery[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] - FN is another name we considered for a boy. [name]Kathleen[/name] is a family name. I like the flow of this name, but since my husband met a little girl [name]Avery[/name] at church, he’s become turned off to it.

As you can see, the hardest part is finding the right name we both [name]LOVE[/name] and AGREE on :slight_smile: I’m hoping this poll will give us helpful feedback to consider while choosing the right name for our baby girl! Maybe it can even give me some swaying power with my picky hubby, haha.

I voted for [name]Avery[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]…very pretty! I think [name]Avery[/name] is a beautiful name for a girl, and I would have voted for [name]Avery[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], also! Have you thought of using [name]Katherine[/name] for a first name? :slight_smile: