Ivan?

See the results of this poll: help me decide!

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Eden/Edie and Isaac : 17 (89%)
  • Eden/Edie and Ivan : 2 (11%)
  • another option…: 0 (0%)

I love [name]Ivan[/name] but [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Ivan[/name] sound too matchy to my ear. I love [name]Isaac[/name] a little more than [name]Ivan[/name]. Try not to let your mother sway you one way or the other regarding a name. You and your husband have to [name]LOVE[/name] it and family will soon get in line after the baby is born.

So you like “I” sounding names…Here are some suggestions.

[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Ivar[/name]/[name]Ivor[/name]/[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]/[name]Elias[/name]/[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Nigel[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Giles[/name] (instead of [name]Miles[/name])
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Tyrone[/name]
[name]Tyson[/name]
Zebadiah
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Cyan[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Niall[/name] (nile)
[name]Schuyler[/name] (skyler)
[name]Ryland[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] (unisex)
[name]Philo[/name]
[name]Ira[/name]
Tycho
[name]Ryker[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]/[name]Wylie[/name]
[name]Fife[/name]/[name]Fifer[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Hiram[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]

Wow, can’t believe there is so many views and votes but only 1 reply… thank you [name]MISCHA[/name]!!

[name]Linus[/name] is actually my dogs name so of course I love that one! I also really like [name]Levi[/name] but had a friend just used it. I also have a friend who had a dog [name]Tyson[/name] (another great name) and know someone with a sone [name]Wylie[/name] which I have always thought was cool! [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Nigel[/name], [name]Orion[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] have all been in consideration at one point, so I guess I am attracted to that certain sound! I also considered [name]Kai[/name] in the middle spot at one point and [name]Elijah[/name] was on my list years so before it got so popular. I love the sound of [name]Isaac[/name] although I really dislike [name]Zac[/name] for some reason and my mom is asking if she can call the baby [name]Zac[/name] now. I told her that I am ok with [name]Zeke[/name], [name]Ziggy[/name] and [name]Ike[/name] but not [name]Zac[/name]. Now I am worried it will become a nn through his life whether or not I can help it. I hope not! My mom has told me that she has shared the name [name]Isaac[/name] with people and they are not receptive to it, but I just don’t get it. Everyone on here as well as my friends all seem to think it is a nice name (and I’m pretty sure I can tell when people are just being agreeable with me) so I am thinking she is just trying to dissuade me because she personally isn’t a fan. Thank you for the vote of confidence and to all those who have voted, it makes me feel like it is a solid choice that I needn’t be so worried about. My favorite other option at this point is [name]River[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] but I think we will be using a family name instead of that or instead of [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Boone[/name] (another combo I love) so if he is a he - it will most likely be [name]Isaac[/name] [name]David[/name] or [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Edward[/name]. I like the sound of [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Edward[/name] better but [name]David[/name] honors my husband, his great uncle, his father and my father so it will likely me our choice even if it lacks a quirkiness/nature-tie which I love.

I definitely prefer [name]Isaac[/name] over [name]Ivan[/name]. I tend to like “matchy” or “theme” sibling names, so I think [name]Eden[/name]/[name]Edie[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name] are great together. [name]Isaac[/name] [name]David[/name] would be great, especially with the family connections.

I made the mistake of sharing our son’s name with family before he was born. A name I have literally loved since I was 12. I read it in a book and I still have the book, lol! It is [name]Cuyler[/name]. (pronounced [name]Kyler[/name]) Anyhow, none of my friends or family had heard of it but people get used to it and I get compliments a lot on it now. My Dad really disliked the name and made a negative comment on it, and even though I brushed it off and we planned on still using it, it did bother me for quite a while. But the closer it got to his birth and the more sure I knew we had the right name, I didn’t care! Not one negative thing was said after he was born. In the future, if I ever choose a more uncommon name that I think might get reactions like the one from my dad, I will keep it a secret! :slight_smile: Good luck!!