I've narrowed it down to four.....

I thought that I would name my baby girl [name]Adeline[/name]…my all time favorite name…but I’ve been referring to her as that in my belly and already find myself only saying [name]Addy[/name], which I think is super cute but is SO common right now because of [name]Addison[/name], and I don’t want her to be one of 5 Addys in her class. So…back to the drawing board :slight_smile: These are my current top four. Which do you like or dislike and why? Thanks!!

[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]

I think if your all time favorite name is [name]Adeline[/name] you should go with that. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Addy[/name] is a common nickname, and there are alot of addisons, I dont believe there are lots of Adelines. And for school she doesnt have to use the nick name addy. But from the names on your list I like [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] the best. [name]Even[/name] though I think all the names are very nice. Congrats and good luck.

Dislike [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] because they’re both fairly dated and blah [name]IMO[/name], quite like [name]Clara[/name] and love, love [name]Elena[/name]. [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] are both solid, classic, feminine names but I think [name]Elena[/name] has something extra special about her. [name]Elena[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] would be sweet.

I like [name]Nina[/name]. It isn’t cutesy but it is feminine and graceful. It probably doesn’t hurt that the only [name]Nina[/name] I’ve ever known was a very serious-minded hardworking ballet dancer. Easy to spell, easily managed, but not trendy. I give it thumbs up.

[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] cut down to [name]Ellie[/name] and there’s probably even more Ellies than there are Addys.

And [name]Clara[/name] just isn’t my style, I picture the fretful rich girl from [name]Heidi[/name].

I love [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Elise[/name], then [name]Elena[/name].

I like all of them! But from top to bottom, I’d say: [name]Clara[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Nina[/name], [name]Elise[/name]. It would depend on what you think has the best flow with your last name, mostly. I agree about the commonness of [name]Ellie[/name], but of course you don’t actually have to use that nickname ([name]Lena[/name] would be very cute for [name]Elena[/name], and I also knew one who went by [name]Leni[/name]).

[name]Clara[/name] is a firm classic and not too popular, and I agree [name]Elena[/name] has something special (although I never know if it’s pronounced [name]EL[/name]-ena or el-AY-na?). [name]Leni[/name] is a ell-known nn and is lovely, as is [name]Lena[/name].

[name]Nina[/name] doesn’t strike me as particularly special - it’s a bit meh, and [name]Elise[/name] for some reason always makes me as a little something-and-nothing - like it’s trying to be pretty but kind of falls flat.

I love [name]Clara[/name], the rest are okay.

You can always give an [name]Adeline[/name] the nn [name]Adele[/name] is [name]Addie[/name] is too popular for you. Of your other four choices, I would rank them as follows:

1 [name]Elise[/name]
2 [name]Clara[/name]
3 [name]Elena[/name]
4 [name]Nina[/name]