Ivf !!

When Can I [name_f]Do[/name_f] a Home Pregnancy Test After IVF?

Our RE highly encouraged us to wait for the blood test, and my husband was extremely adamant that I not do a home pregnancy test. He did not want me to be given false hope by a positive home pregnancy test that turned out not to be a viable pregnancy. The 2-week wait was extremely difficult, but we kept ourselves busy by planning a 5-day trip in the middle of it. I am really glad I did not do a home pregnancy test with our first IVF because it probably would have been positive, despite the outcome of a chemical pregnancy. To have the hope of pregnancy erased the next day by a low beta would have been more than I could handle emotionally at the time. On our second IVF attempt, I waited until I got the positive beta from the RE, and then I took many home pregnancy tests so I could see that double line for myself.
In the laboratory the can test for the presence of pregnancy by measuring the level of beta-HCG in either the urine or the blood. Both types of tests are reliable and highly accurate but home pregnancy testing can yield both false positives and false negatives if performed too early. Performing a pregnancy test within 7 days after the egg collection procedure can result in a false positive result because of residual HCG after the shot is given to trigger the final maturation of the eggs. In addition, the urine pregnancy test may be spuriously negative if performed less than 14 days after the embryo transfer. In practice, have had patients with a serum beta-HCG level of more than 200 mIU/mL who nevertheless had a negative urine pregnancy test.

Hello, I am a new member here and just wanted to share my story. We were trying to hard for years to have a baby, and we succedded in the similar way as you’re two talking about. The only thing different is that we had the egg donacy, after it all I waited for about 4 weeks and did the test and it was positive. We are from Spain, but travelled a lot around the globe to achieve our mission. And we finally succedded with biotexcom clinic from Ukraine. We are so happy now…I think you should do your test 4 weeks after