Jack Peregrine?

Almost settled on this name if our October baby is a boy. What do you think? Is Peregrine too extra as a middle name? Does Jack fly as a first name or does it do better as a nickname for John? Older sister is Mary Claire.

The poll is anonymous- please be brutally honest, we’re not sharing the name before birth so I’m looking to the internet for unfiltered opinions!

• Love
  • Neutral
  • Dislike
  • Hate
  • Jack works as a standalone name
  • Jack should be a nickname for John
0 voters

I think [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] adds flair to the more familiar/popular [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] totally stands alone to me - I know more ‘just Jacks’ than [name_m]John[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m]!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]!

Honestly [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is such a lovely name and works wonderfully as a stand-alone name.

1 Like

I LOVE the name [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]. While I normally support [name_m]Jack[/name_m] as a legal given name, with the middle name [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] I prefer [name_m]John[/name_m] to [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

1 Like

Omg, [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is my absolutely favourite boy name ever It’s been on my hypothetical list since 2017 or even before, I think. It’s not like I’ll ever be able to use it, because I live in Spain and have no connection to any English-speaking country, but that doesn’t stop me from deeply adoring this name. I love both [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m], and both names hold a special place in my heart. If I had to choose one, I’d go for [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. It might be “common,” but that doesn’t make it any less wonderful. I love its energetic and warm sound, I love seeing it written down, and I love hearing it. It has something that makes me smile every time I read or hear it. [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] seems to be the perfect counterpoint to how common [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is because it’s unexpected yet familiar. It’s one of those names that everyone knows how to spell but that also makes them go, “Wow,” when they hear it because they don’t expect it. It’s a bit posh, but also literary. The idea of a possible [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] in the world gives me goosebumps and excites me!

[name_f]Love[/name_f] it and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is perfectly great as a standalone name

I think it’s great!! But, I just named my [name_f]December[/name_f] baby [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] as a first name, so I’m a little biased :joy:

I love it! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is snappy and cool! I also much prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m] to [name_m]John[/name_m], and I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] has a good, long history of being a stand-alone name as opposed to just a nn for [name_m]John[/name_m], so I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] has good footing there. No worries! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is perfect as is!

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is a beautiful combo!
I’m not a native [name_f]English[/name_f] speaker so this opinion may not mather at all - my first thought was “oh! Like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Sparrow[/name_m]! Cool”.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Oh, I love it! I really love just Jack; it’s so punchy and boyish & sleekly handsome. [name_m]Super[/name_m] fun with big sister [name_f]Mary[/name_f] too. I like the idea of [name_m]John[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m], but I’ve convinced myself to be cool with just [name_m]Jack[/name_m] since I don’t really like [name_m]John[/name_m] much in general. It’s just a little too bland for me. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] in brilliant. [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] really sparkles up the slightly over done (but still fabulous!) [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. It’s unexpected and charming.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile: