Jackson, Carter, & who?

We have two boys named [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] and are looking for a strong name to go with theirs. We like several presidential names like [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name], but are afraid to get too themey. Right now, we are leaning towards [name]Boston[/name]. What is your opinion on that…please also throw out suggestions for other names you think would be good!! Thanks!!

[name]IMO[/name], I don’t like the sounds of [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Boston[/name] together as brothers–they both end in the n sound. However, I love [name]Grant[/name]! It’s a great sibset. [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name], and [name]Grant[/name] sounds wonderful! I don’t think they’re too matchy at all. I didnm’t even think of the Presidents until you wrote it. [name]Grant[/name] is not a very popular President–I mean the president wouldn’t be the first person you’d think of when you hear the name [name]Grant[/name]. [name]Tyler[/name] is cute, also, and not so obvious either. But [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name] both end in the er sound. [name]Hope[/name] I helped and good luck!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Boston[/name] is one of those names that I like but I don’t like it at the same time. It sounds cool and hip but ehhhhh. I don’t know. It’s like the hipster names. You want them but you don’t at the same time.

That being said, I don’t feel like [name]Boston[/name] fits with [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Carter[/name]. It just seems out of place. I’m not the kind of namer who really cares that much because the names I love are all over the place, especially internationally. If you love a name, you should use it.

I didn’t think of the Presidential theme until you mentioned it, either. I think you could easily use another. As long as it’s not [name]Kennedy[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Nixon[/name] or [name]Clinton[/name], I don’t think anyone else will notice, either.

To me, you have more of a middle [name]America[/name], southern, laid back kind of style. I’m not sure how to explain it.

[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Colton[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Samson[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Bennett[/name]

I have to agree with the pp that [name]Boston[/name] doesn’t seem right, unless of course you love it a lot or it has personal connections that would trump all other names! [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] are both surname-type names, while [name]Boston[/name] is very much a place name to me. I also didn’t think of the presidential connection with [name]Grant[/name]- I think it goes perfectly with [name]Jackson[/name] & [name]Carter[/name]! I’m not a big [name]Tyler[/name] fan in general, but its a fine name and I also didn’t think of the president at all. Here are some other suggestions:

[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
Grayer
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Alton[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Mitchell[/name]

Also, some other presidential names you could go with (though it might get a bit matchy, lol):

[name]Clinton[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Thanks so much for the responses! It is funny how you’ve already got me pegged…middle [name]America[/name], southern, etc! Loving the suggestions!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name]? That’s just the first name that popped into my head…

I don’t like [name]Boston[/name] for a kids name, but it’s a great city.
other ideas-
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Landon[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Brennan[/name]
[name]Royce[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Dalton[/name]