Jackson...is it "real life" popular??

So my husband is stuck on the name [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] but I’m just not sold yet. I do like surnames for first names and I like that I can call him Jacks or [name_u]Jay[/name_u] but I can’t figure out how to love the name [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] because I think its too popular. I don’t mind common names but don’t want a “popular” name if that makes sense. My question is, is there actually a ton of young Jacksons out there or is it just a name that I picture as a popular name. Help please and feel free to give more suggestions. Last name is [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] is that helps. Thanks!!!

Yes, there really are a ton of [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]/[name_m]Jaxon[/name_m]/[name_m]Jaxson[/name_m]'s out there.

When you combine spellings, it’s actually the second most popular boy’s name in the US. [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] is definitely the most popular boy’s name in my area. I don’t think it’s as common outside of the South though.

Maybe [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] or [name_m]Judson[/name_m] instead?

I second this. [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] is my ‘wish I had used’ name.
I know tons of [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]/[name_m]Jaxon[/name_m]/however else they spell ems.

Oh my goodness, yes! And it has been for quite some time. I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m], but [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] seems very trendy.

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]/[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] is the little boy name I hear most in my area, hands down. It’s real common.

Yes, it’s “real life” popular. I hear it all the time.

It is very popular.

[name_m]John[/name_m] also gets you to [name_u]Jay[/name_u]/[name_m]Jack[/name_m]/Jacks an it’s a much more unusual & unexpected name, nowadays. There’s also Jackman (like [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]), [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], Jepson, Juddson, Joelson, Jacobson, [name_m]Giacomo[/name_m], [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m], [name_m]Joachim[/name_m], [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_u]Pax[/name_u], [name_m]Dax[/name_m], [name_m]Sax[/name_m], [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Fox[/name_m]…

Perhaps [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]Ericson[/name_m], [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] or [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] instead?

I’m in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and it’s wildly popular. I would keep looking if I were you.
Best of luck!

I live in the Midwest and know lots of kids named [name_m]Jack[/name_m]/[name_m]Jax[/name_m]/[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]. I used to adore [name_m]Jack[/name_m] until it became so popular!!

I only know one [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], but it’s in the top 10 most popular boys names in my state. I think it would make a cute middle name though.

I know multiple little boys named [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]. It’s probably the most popular name among both boys and girls that I’ve encountered over the past year or two.

At my family reunion this summer there was a [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], and a Jackston, so I’d go ahead and say that yeah, it’s pretty popular. [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m] is my brother’s name though, and even though it’s very popular, we still really like it! [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] is a family surname (not on the side of the family that the reunion was with… Maybe then it wouldn’t have been weird that there were so many of them, but it was a little odd!).

I feel like every other little boy I meet is named jack or [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] (or some varied spelling). It’s actually become disappointing to me to hear it in my area.

I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] in comparison to [name_m]Jax[/name_m]/[name_m]Jaxon[/name_m] which are increasingly popular, but all of those names are huge in the western US, where i live. Its so popular that instead of being like “Aww, [name_m]Jack[/name_m]!” when another is born, I’m like “Oh…another [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. Yay?” There’s only so many times you can gush over how delightful and quirky-vintagey a name feels, and after like the 5th one you meet it stops feeling so cute and unique.

That was our favorite boy name as well and I was wondering the same thing. Then I heard people talking about recently born babies or pregnant people that were having boys almost all of the boys 3 out of the 4 were [name_m]JAXSON[/name_m] or [name_m]JACKSON[/name_m]… So I think this name will be everywhere! (And I am up [name_u]North[/name_u] in [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]England[/name_f]). We are going with the alternative of [name_m]Knox[/name_m] :slight_smile: Same sound but way less popular. Good luck!

In the last year, I have known 3 people who named their baby [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and heard it so much out in public. I feel like every boy these days is named [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] or [name_u]Brayden[/name_u] around here.

I have met at least 3 or 4 (probably more) Jacksons at my work this past summer, so yeah, I’d say it’s pretty popular, especially among non-name nerds. The only ones I hear more are [name_m]Tanner[/name_m], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_m]Cayden[/name_m], and [name_u]Brayden[/name_u].

I know a lot of [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], & [name_m]Jaxson[/name_m]'s.

But [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] is my favorite spelling.

GL :).