Jane Smith: further thoughts on Jane Austen's birthday

Thanks to those who’ve shared their thoughts about “[name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name]”. A couple of other names have been considered by the parents-to-be, but it’s looking like [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Smith[/name] may be the name. I think it’s fine. I personally love the name [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], and those names are family names which are very meaningful to the mother. And we won’t be calling the baby “[name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name]”, but just [name]Jane[/name] (THE name her mother loves beyond all others) or maybe sometimes [name]Janie[/name]. [name]Janie[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is an option which little [name]Jane[/name] may want to use at some point and not quite as bland as some think [name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is. I’ve found more accomplished women named [name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name] online. The name worked for them, and I think it will for this little girl too. And another thought, if she marries someday, she may have the option of having a more unusual surname, but then again, she may like her name as it is, as a poster mentioned about her friend [name]Jane[/name] [name]Smith[/name]. With [name]Jane[/name] ranking at 390, it’s unlikely little [name]Jane[/name] will have another girl called [name]Jane[/name] in her class. So the name does seem to work for this family.

I see [name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Smith[/name] as a very solid, traditional name. As a [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] fan, I like her name and the names of her heroines, which both [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] are. The mother of the baby has two Austenian names too: [name]Emma[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It all seems to fit together!