Jendaya

What do you think of the name Jendaya? What do you think of the combo Jendaya [name]Frances[/name]?

jen-DYE-ah?

Definitely not a fan of this one. Feels very invented.

I second what dove14 said! [name]Love[/name] [name]Frances[/name], however. [name]Just[/name] not with Jendaya. Sorry!

What about another J name? [name]Jessamine[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] are some of my favorites. Or an exotic, feminine name that has history, like [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Natasha[/name], [name]Simone[/name], or [name]Esme[/name]? Maybe you would like Hindi names, like [name]Surya[/name] or [name]Tarana[/name]. [name]Surya[/name] seems similar to Jendaya. Sorry if this is confusing. [name]Do[/name] you like any of these? You could look at the Hot Lists for related names.

Jendaya is not made-up. It is a Zimbabwean name that means ‘Thankful’. I’ve been pronouncing it [name]Jen[/name]-day-uh.

Sorry that I implied that it felt invented! It’s great that you like it, and I think it would be a pretty, unusual choice! In my last post, I was just giving my opinion, and I really hope you don’t feel offended! :slight_smile:

I’m not offended.

Jendaya is not a bad name since it has a meaning and origin. But in the last 2 years, the “aya” names (and the spelling variations, iah, iyah and so on) have been getting overused. I have known on my own about 12 new babies born in the last new year with some kind of “aya” in their name, and all are made up/ modern day inventions. The name Jendaya itself with the meaning is fine, but the world having in mind that the others are of no origin or meaning are floating around, (and more) and with this country being unknowledgeable about the name will bring the thought that it too is invented.
Overall, it is not a bad name, but there are other [name]African[/name] orgin names that mean the same thing.----Africans are very religious, and the hundreds of dialects on that continent alone bring many different words in all the dialects that mean the same but are different and all beautiful. You will be pleased with what you find.