Jenna or Jessa

What’s your favorite and why? [name_u]Or[/name_u] do you not care for either?

[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] is my personal favourite, its not very common, yet it’s sleek and classic too, it works in the modern world and would also please people who prefer traditional names or modern, new age names; you just can’t go wrong with it!

[name_f]Jenna[/name_f] on the other hand, I associate it with duller greys and darkness and it just sounds a bit dated, sort of like an adams family vibe

2 Likes

Interesting! I totally agree about [name_f]Jessa[/name_f].
To me [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] is Sunshiney and Sporty. Maybe because of a girl I once knew. So cool how perspectives can be different towards a name!

1 Like

Like the softer and ‘cleaner’ sound of [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] more.

Though I’m probably biased, because I heavily associate [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] with the Duggar girl :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha had to give that a quick google :joy:

I prefer the flow of [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer the sound and look of [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] feels fairly dated to me.

1 Like

An old childhood friend called her daughter [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] and I’ve always thought it’s a really underrated name.

It’s a great way to honour a [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], it has the familiar nickname [name_u]Jess[/name_u], it has a cool cultural connection in the character from Girls…

I guess maybe [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] was just too popular in the 80s and 90s for [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] to feel distinctive but maybe now that it’s been a while since it’s heyday, [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] will be an appealing choice for more parents.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Jenna[/name_f], I think it is warm and friendly and has a kind sort of feel to it, while [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] is a bit sharper and I don’t find it as appealing. Also, I really like [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] just seems like a not-as-good version of it, whereas with [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] I actually prefer that to [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f].

1 Like

I don’t love either. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] feels quite dated to me and [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] feels kind of forced as a [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] variant/nickname when you’ve already got [name_u]Jessie[/name_u].

I do really like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], if that’s an option!

1 Like

I prefer the lovely [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]— in terms of “Jen” names I’ve always personally been more of a [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] fan.

1 Like

[name_f]Jenna[/name_f] is red-orange/fire orange and feels spunky and fun. [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] is pink and red and feels sweeter and mellower.

Both are lovely names! They’re the rare short versions that I prefer as a first name over the longer versions. Some people say [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] feels dated and I don’t really see it, though I’ve only known one [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] and she was great.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] because it’s got a lighter, bubblier sound and the nn “Jess” is cute. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] feels a bit dated to me.

1 Like

I love both, but I think [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] is more new and spunky

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]. It feels calmer and nerdier but not in a bad way. (Also [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] made me think [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] Duggar too despite knowing nothing about her.)

1 Like

[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] is nice but all I think of is the Duggars and I’d definitely not wanna be associated with them :nauseated_face:

But if you don’t make the connection then that’s no issue imo. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] is my favourite overall!

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Jessa[/name_f], but I really don’t care for either. I’d prefer [name_f]Jemima[/name_f].

1 Like

Oh I adore Jessa!! It’s 100% be on my list, or I’d even use it as a nn for [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] if my niece wasn’t named Tess@.

I do prefer [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] to [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] though, despite it being the name of [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] Garner’s character in 13 Going On 30 (my fave movie, after Grease and Back to the [name_u]Future[/name_u] :rofl:).

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Jessa[/name_f]. I’m generally not a fan of of the -enna sound.

1 Like

Much prefer [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]. [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] feels like a lesser [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] whereas [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] feels strong and vibrant

1 Like