Jennifer for a boy?

So what do you think?

I don’t see anything wrong with it. Other kids might bully them, though. [name_f]Jen[/name_f] feels really neutral to me

I don’t think it works since [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] is extremely common for females. I can kinda see it, though.

2 Likes

sound wise i think it would work but jennifer is so popular for girls i feel like it would cause issues

2 Likes

My grandmother would have said “poor little thing…”

I don’t think its a good idea

5 Likes

Even though I wouldn’t consider it frilly, I still think it’s too feminine for a boy. I LOVE [name_f]Jen[/name_f] for a boy though!! Maybe you’d like [name_u]Jensen[/name_u]?

6 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Jens[/name_m] or [name_m]Jenson[/name_m]

2 Likes

I love feminine names on boys, but unfortunately I don’t think [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] works. It’s extremely popular for girls, and a bit dated too.
I’d like to second the suggestion of [name_u]Jensen[/name_u]/Jenson nn [name_f]Jen[/name_f]/Jens!!
Perhaps you’d also like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_m]Jennings[/name_m], [name_m]Benjen[/name_m], [name_m]Jenner[/name_m], or [name_m]Jojen[/name_m]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe even [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Jan[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], or [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u]?
good luck!!

4 Likes

I usually love feminine names for boys, but [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] is a little too gender-bender for me, sorry.

How about [name_m]Jenaro[/name_m], [name_m]Jene[/name_m], [name_m]Jenkin[/name_m]/Jenkins? I also second [name_u]Jensen[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I think the sounds could work but it feels like such a popular feminine name that i wouldn’t do it

Not my taste. I think it feels firmly like a girl’s name.

1 Like

Jennifer is 100% a girls’ name in my mind, sorry. I just can’t see it on a boy. I like the earlier suggestions of [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] and [name_m]Jennings[/name_m].

2 Likes

I think it would be hard to live with. I doubt many men would want to be called Jennifer - I would suggest asking your male relatives/friends how they would feel about it before using this name for a boy. I second the suggestion of Jenson.

4 Likes

Noone suggested [name_m]Jenner[/name_m] yet, so I thought I would throw that out there too. But then, gotta be careful of kardashian ish references.

1 Like

I think that would be cruel to do. If Dad wants to change his name to [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], that’s fine, but to put that on an infant boy???

3 Likes
  1. Has this one ever been a name given to boys? For well-established names, history helps. See [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

2. This hit peak-trendiness too recently for me. I grew up with soooo many female Jennifers. If you were talking about a revival name instead, like say [name_f]Muriel[/name_f], I think it would be a lot easier to flip the gender script.

If this is for an adult or a character, I don’t know that it matters so much, but for a child I would say it’s a no go.

2 Likes

I can see it in an abstract sense, but it seems very difficult to wear since [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] is such a well-established feminine name.

No, this would be extremely difficult to wear. I don’t think alot of boys would want to be called [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] as it’s overwhelmingly been used for girls.

3 Likes

HA. Too soon. Too many of his peers would have moms/aunts/grandmas/etc called [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]. Plus it has zero history as a male name.

3 Likes

No. I don’t like well established names suddenly becoming cross gender. It gives the message you wanted a girl and instead you got a boy. I don’t understand this modern trend. [name_m]Long[/name_m] established male/female names I can understand, but really I do not like this trend.

2 Likes