Jessamine

Pronounciation and thoughts?

Jess-ah-myn

One of my favorite under rated flower names. It also has a wonderful princess feel to it

3 Likes

I’d also pronounce it as said above ^
I like it but then think to myself that the myn just sounds a bit redundant and prefer the freshness of [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] on it’s own.

1 Like

I always say jessa-meen, not a fan of the other pronunciation. I really like it and the idea of [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] or [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] as a nickname.

3 Likes

I would say Jess-uh-meen. I really like the sound of it. Kind of reminds me of [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], which is one of my favorite names.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] (and it’s rare for me to say that about a girl name.) I say Jess-uh-min and have had [name_f]Jessamyn[/name_f] on my list before, but I think I prefer the -mine spelling in spite of the multiple-pronunciation issue.

@jenni_lynn91 it’s a form of [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I’ve always pronounced it Jess-a-meen, love [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] as a nn

1 Like

jess-a- min

I adore it beyond measure. Also [name_f]Jessamyn[/name_f], [name_f]Jessamina[/name_f], and [name_f]Jessamy[/name_f].

2 Likes

Ok that makes sense! I wouldn’t be able to use [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] myself because I have a brother [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] who married a [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], but I love it for someone else.

2 Likes

I say jess-uh-meen.

I love this name and also [name_f]Jessamina[/name_f]!

1 Like

I really like it! I pronounce it jess-uh-meen, and I prefer that way, but jess-uh-min is nice too.

1 Like

I say (and strongly prefer) jessa-meen. I think it’s a beautiful name!

1 Like

Whenever I see it, my brain intuitively says it like jess-uh-mine. English is not my native language, though, so that might be why. I’ve even come to like this pronunciation, even though it might be wrong. I think the name is lovely, I’ve really started to appreaciate it the last few months.

JES-uh-min

really pretty and elegant, though i’m not thrilled by the inevitability of jess as a nickname!

I pronounce it Jess-a-MINE. Its not on my list due to the nickname potential of [name_u]Jessie[/name_u], [name_u]Jess[/name_u], or [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] as those are far too popular, unisex, and just not my style. But the overall name is alright

1 Like

JESS-a-min

i know someone with this name who goes by jess

1 Like

Jess-uh-meen :slight_smile:

It’s fresh and pretty

1 Like

Jess-ah-mean. Like organic chem :joy:

1 Like

I say Jess-uh-meen though I like the ‘min’ pronunciation as well. I think the name is beautiful though I really dislike Jess/Jesse so would probably choose to shorten it to [name_u]Sammie[/name_u], [name_f]Mina[/name_f] or [name_u]Jem[/name_u]

1 Like

Jess-uh-min. I love this name! It is an underrated flower name with the potential for many nicknames. it’s also a nod to my home state since it is their state flower.

1 Like