Jet, Jett, or Jhett?

What do you think of the spelling of [name]Jet[/name]? Also, Is the name something a boy can live with forever, or is it too childish? The middle name would be [name]William[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] this name! I think that it stands along as a strong yet edgey name, and I prefer the sp [name]Jett[/name]. Also, I think that by pairing it with a classic, strong name such as [name]William[/name], it will give your son a “just in case” option if he doesn’t like [name]Jett[/name].

[name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name] sounds awesome!

I like [name]Jett[/name] best. [name]Jet[/name] is fine but I think Jhett looks really bad. It sounds great with [name]William[/name].

I like [name]Jett[/name] or [name]Jet[/name] equally. Jeht not so much. I think [name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name] is an awesome name. Congrats.

[/quote]

I really dislike Jhett. [name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name] sounds nice but I’m not confidant it’s a name a boy could grow with throughout his life. What about [name]William[/name] [name]Jett[/name] instead?

[name]Jett[/name] for sure. And I think it can age well. I used to love that show “The Famous [name]Jett[/name] [name]Jackson[/name].” It worked for him, no?

Really like the name…think that [name]JETT[/name] is the best spelling though.

I was leaning toward [name]Jett[/name], and it sounds like it is what everyone likes. Now I just have to convince my husband to go with the name. He thinks [name]Jett[/name] needs to be a nn for something else, but I like it by itself. I think with [name]William[/name] as a middle name, he could always use that in business later in life. Thanks for all the advise.

[name]Jett[/name]

Since your husband thinks [name]Jett[/name] should be a nickname, I thought I’d mention that my brother’s name is [name]Jeffrey[/name] and [name]Jett[/name] is one of his nicknames, it is very similar to [name]Jeff[/name]. I think [name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]William[/name] is a nice classic name, and [name]Jett[/name] as the main nickname would be really cool, I think.

Gotta say, while I like [name]Jett[/name] a lot as a nickname, I don’t know how well it would work on an adult.

I would not use it as it so trendy and I don’t think it has classic appeal ie in a decade it will be another name that no one wants to use.

However, if you are going to use it please spell as [name]Jet[/name].

I like the idea of [name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]William[/name] nn [name]Jett[/name]. It seems odd to me to name him [name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name] if you’re counting on the fact that [name]Jett[/name] won’t work on an adult but he can use [name]William[/name] if he wants. Why not give him a name that will always suit and use [name]Jett[/name] as a nickname instead? If he loves [name]Jett[/name] and never has a problem with it, great - no harm done - he can introduce himself that way, etc. But if [name]Jett[/name] doesn’t work as he grows up or in his line of work then it’s easier to fall back on his full first name [name]Jeffrey[/name] rather than his middle name.

What about [name]Jethro[/name] nn [name]Jet[/name]?

I think it has a certain charm to it.

I second the [name]Jethro[/name] idea. I’m not sure that [name]Jet[/name] really has the staying power for adulthood, and [name]Jethro[/name] [name]William[/name] has a nice flow.