Jethro

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my second (not finding out the gender until the birth). Anyways, we’re having a hard time choosing a boy’s name (our girl’s name is [name]Eva[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]). We already have a son named [name]Levi[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. My husband suggested the name [name]Jethro[/name] the other day (full name would be [name]Jethro[/name] [name]Philip[/name]). What does everyone think? Also- my husband and i both have names that start with “J”. Would it be weird for my oldest to be the only one whose name doesn’t start with a J?

I adore the name [name]Jethro[/name]. [name]Jethro[/name] and [name]Levi[/name] is a nice Biblical set, although [name]Levi[/name] is so much better known that [name]Jethro[/name]. I really like [name]Jethro[/name] [name]Philip[/name] and JP would make it a bit more mainstream if he wanted that balance with [name]Levi[/name] (nn [name]Jet[/name] could too). I don’t think it’s that weird if you’re both J’s and he is and then [name]Levi[/name] isn’t - he has a J name in his name at least, and you guys didn’t get to pick your own names! I guess it’s maybe mildly weird but it would be weirder if they were twins or something. If you have a future [name]Eva[/name] that will bring more balance to the letters (although [name]Jethro[/name] will still be an unusual name in a set of [name]Levi[/name], [name]Eva[/name], and [name]Jethro[/name]).

I want to suggest [name]Philip[/name] [name]Jethro[/name]. I know 3 boys named [name]Philip[/name] and I am surprised how well it works on boys - I used to think of it as a dad’s name but it’s really grown on me. [name]Phil[/name] is still kind of more dated but it works enough and the full name, [name]Pip[/name], [name]Pippin[/name], [name]Kip[/name], and in this case PJ are all other nickname options. [name]Just[/name] a thought.

I have to start out by saying how adorable [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Levi[/name]'s names are!! You might want to consider another name with a V too keep a theme but that is just an opinion. I do really like [name]Jethro[/name] [name]Philip[/name] as a combo though! JP could be a really cute NN as well :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input. My FIL’s name is [name]Philip[/name], so I prefer for it to stay as the mn and not the first (to avoid confusion). More than likely this will be our last child, so I’m not too concerned about keeping a “v” theme :slight_smile:

I think [name]Jethro[/name] would be a wonderful choice. It’s unique but not weird and it’s biblical so it goes fantastically with [name]Levi[/name]. Also, I wouldn’t worry about [name]Levi[/name] being the only one without a J name.

I think [name]Jethro[/name] is a really cool name. I would use it myself. [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Jethro[/name] are great as brothers. Since [name]Levi[/name]'s middle name is [name]Joseph[/name], I don’t think being “left out” is a problem.

OK, with [name]Philip[/name] out as a first name option I am liking this more and more : D. I’d be so happy to see [name]Jethro[/name] used, I love it but am kind of conservative when it comes to my own (hypothetical) kids, and my husband is even more conservative. So any evidence I can get that names like [name]Jethro[/name] are being used is helpful : D.