Jillian Name Appreciation Post 🌸

This is probably quite a random post, and apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to put this, but I just love the name [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]. Most of you Berries would know by now that Jillian’s been my top girls name for well over a year, but I love it just as much if not even more as when I fell in love with it the first time.

It’s such a beautiful name, looks gorgeous written, and has the amazing built-in nickname of [name_f]Jill[/name_f]. I normally dislike built-in nicknames, but [name_f]Jill[/name_f] is different. It’s just so sweet, and complements the full name of [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] so well.

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] gives me the most lovely vibes and imagery: light pink, flowers of all different kinds, smiles and laughter, lace, ballet slippers, and re-reading your favourite old books, yet also reminds me of someone kind, genuine, sensible, smart and grounded.
:cherry_blossom: :dove: :two_hearts: :womans_hat: :teddy_bear: :ballet_shoes: :sparkles:

I’ve loved many names throughout the years, but for as long as I’ve known it, [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] has just stuck with me. And if I ever have a daughter some day or get to potentially use the name on myself (the latter being unlikely), I’d love to bestow the name [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] upon her. And I think it’s going to take a lot to make that change for me.

If you’ve read this far, thank you. And now for my question, what are some of your names that you feel this way about? I’d love to hear them!

10 Likes

ok, so if you have a daughter and don’t name her [name_f]Jillian[/name_f], I might actually have a heart attack.

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is a really fun name, I love how it can have stretchy nicknames that still make sense (love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for Jillian) and I’ve been trying to use it in a [name_m]Castle[/name_m] fanfic but can’t quite figure out how to use it yet (I think [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f] would be cool as sisters but I don’t want to write another sister-fic).

I think the name that I love as much as you love [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f], I’ve loved it long before my best friend, and my best friend made me love it more, I seriously can’t see myself not using [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f] in some sense.

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]! It’s sweet and reminds me of orange summer sunsets and camp days. A name I like with as much passion as you like [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. It’s been on my lists for as long as I can remember, and I just love in in every sense!

2 Likes

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f]! I think it’s amazing how much love you have for this name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love love love Jill!!!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]! I love [name_f]Jill[/name_f] too much to probably use [name_f]Lily[/name_f] as a planned nickname, but I can totally see it emerging organically (as well as Jilly). And I love that if future [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] doesn’t like [name_f]Jill[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is an appropriate nickname that she could use as well! (Again, wish my name had one of those lol).

I love the idea of [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f] as sister names! [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] “Kate” and [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] “Jill” would be so sweet as well as [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] “Jill”.

I think it would be awesome in a [name_m]Castle[/name_m] fanfic! Two of my favorite things (the name [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] and Castle) overlapping!

1 Like

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] is such a beautiful name! I’m glad you have a name you love as much :slight_smile:

[name_f]Jill[/name_f] is so sweet!!

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is suchhh a [name_f]Kate[/name_f] name!! She’s never been my favorite for personal association reasons, but you just bring a whole new lovely perspective to her!!

I also love [name_f]Jilly[/name_f] for [name_f]Jillian[/name_f], she just feels so jovial and playful!!

I think my “passion name” will have to be Augusta!! She just checks all those boxes for me: pretty, smart, feminine, established, regal, and lovely all at the same time!!

1 Like

Aww thank you!
I love [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] “Jilly” as well :blush:
A shame you’ve got a bad personal association with [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]! There are a few gorgeous names that I just want to love but can’t because of an association, so I totally get that!

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is such a you name - it’s so beautiful! I heavily associate it with you, tbh. And you’re absolutely right, it’s so gorgeous and regal!

1 Like

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] has such a sweet, bouncy sound to it! I can’t think of a better name for your future daughter!

As for me, it has to be [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. I love the elegant, melodic sound. [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is charming, classic, and just the sweetest name I can think of! :sunflower:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] a lot (and I may like [name_f]Jill[/name_f] even more!) It’s familiar but not overused; has a pleasant, pretty sound without being overly frilly; and [name_f]Jill[/name_f] is just about the ultimate nickname.

[name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] name would be [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - one of my favourites since my childhood. Fortunately my husband agreed, and our first daughter is named [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (and she loves her name, which is the ultimate compliment!) [name_f]My[/name_f] other would be [name_f]Julia[/name_f], which was sadly vetoed by my husband. :sob:

2 Likes

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is lovely :heart: I love the flow of it, the bright lively feel of it, that also, as you say, has that groundedness too. Nickname [name_f]Jilly[/name_f] is appealing to me too.

[name_f]Sarai[/name_f] gives me a similar kind of joy :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is so sweet :cherry_blossom: I feel this way about [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Eva[/name_f] :sparkles:

1 Like

I’ve always liked Jillian, but thanks to you she actually made my list and I really started loving her!
She looks so nice written out because of the Ls in the middle, and I love her pale pink colour (as you know!) Because of that colour, she feels lacy and delicate but the J gives a stronger, bouncy sound. She feels girly and dreamy with a bit of frill, but also responsible and thoughtful! I love the nickname Jill as well- she is just so happy! (I also like the connection to the Narnia series)

Mine would have to be Agnes! She’s been my top for a long time, and I love everything about her! Especially with the nickname Aggie! She’s clunky, smart, warm, vintage, quirky, and loving, and she works for everyone and all ages!

1 Like

I love that you love Jillian - and take name appreciation to the top! :gift_heart: I can really see the appeal especially of the warm, kind and capable, Jill.

I have a few names that I’ve loved for a decade or two (eg Josephine and Esther) but I think the name that has spoken to to me the most and for the longest is Frances. I sometimes wish I’d used it for my daughter in top spot, not her first middle. Frances seems curious, earnest, bookish and artistic, pretty in an accessible way, and a tad annoying, cheeky and stuffy, all at the same time. I adore Francy and Franny too. Also, I’m a Francophile so that’s another plus.

1 Like

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] feels more like a mature name that takes a while to grow into (associations shape my vibe for it), but [name_f]Jill[/name_f] is so cute. It wouldn’t look out of place on a young woman but it’s likely to age well (or get better with age, like a slow burn). I see her differently (she’s orangey red to me).

Most Berries have probably heard enough about [name_f]Unice[/name_f]. I don’t have much of a reason for loving her, and the compatibility with other names isn’t great, not to mention the letters being in other words. It also seems a little weird for someones most favourite name to be a spelling variant.

I also like [name_f]Amara[/name_f] enough to love her, but 1% less than [name_f]Unice[/name_f] (so they are basically equal).

I’ve loved both of these for a few months under a year (but ove half a year). I haven’t ever loved a name for longer so I hope these hold up well.

This exactly!! We all can see your appreciation and love for the name! If you love a name this much… well, it’s a really good name to love.

[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] to me feels very spunky and cool. She’s warm and smily and playful, she laughs a lot and has tons of energy! It feels exactly like you, and whenever I see this name I think of you!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] name like this would have to be Elizabeth!! She’s everything I want in a name, timeless, strong but sweet, and very versatile with other names. She gives me great older sister vibes - mature, sweet, responsible, and protective. I’ve loved her for almost 9 years and I don’t think that’s changing anytime soon.

Idk if you want to see another… but
If I had another, it would probably be [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. Like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], she has those timeless and strong but sweet vibes. But unlike her counterpart [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], who leans towards the more sweet and mature vibes, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] leans more towards the strong, creative, and spunky side. I’d love to have two daughters one day and name them [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousin [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] is an incredible woman - strong, independent, successful, a fantastic wife, sister and aunty, one of the funniest people I know, a great cook and devoted to her cute dogs - so I am 10000% biased in favour of this name! [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is an ingenious nn.
[name_f]My[/name_f] personal [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] is of course gorgeous [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - she was the first name I ever loved and I still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I meet a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] :rose:

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is so lovely! And I agree - [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is pleasant, pretty, but not frilly. And Jill’s just the sweetest!

1 Like

[name_f]Sarai[/name_f] is gorgeous, and definitely the first name I associate with you!

I feel that [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] could be a nice elaboration on your gorgeous Jilly-Mae combo!

1 Like