Which would you choose and why?

Jillian or [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
  • Jillian
  • Elowen

0 voters

Elowen for me :slight_smile:

Put the poll on a separate line :wink:

1 Like

Poll isnā€™t working but I prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - itā€™s familiar without being common and sounds really sweet. [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] feels a bit dated to me.

Elowen. I would vote [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] if it was spelled properly.

Thank you :blush:

I prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] seems a bit dated in my opinion.

Elowen is strong, interesting and warm

My favourite is [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] I think itā€™s really pretty Cornish name very delicate in sound and I like the meaning ā€˜elm treeā€™. I also like that itā€™s a more unusual way to get to [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. I would go with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] great choice! Whereas [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is a bit mumsy

I know most berries love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], but [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is one of my favorite names of all time!! I think [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is cute, but [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is so perfect! I guess itā€™s dated but most Berries seem to be fine with names like [name_f]Edith[/name_f] or [name_u]Joan[/name_u] which seem even more dated to me. I would love to meet a little [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]!

Definitely [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] :blush: it sounds ethereal to me, whereas [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] seems like a librarianā€™s name :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:sorry its probably because I have met a lot of Jillians and never met an [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

Jillian

Iā€™ve never met an [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] but the [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] I knew was one of the sweetest people ever so I choose [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] :hugs:

Jillian feels so refreshing to me, so she gets my vote! [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] feels too trendy atm. Also my instinct would be to pronounce it ā€œEllo-wenā€, which would lead to a lot of corrections since thatā€™s not the correct pronunciation. Though if itā€™s a common name where you live, that shouldnā€™t be a problem!

Iā€™ve always liked [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]! And [name_f]Jill[/name_f]. I think itā€™s such a fun, sweet name. I also think [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is very nice but I prefer [name_f]Jillian[/name_f].

I like both very much. I prefer the [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] spelling though. I voted for [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] as it is more unusual and I like potential nicknames better (Elo, [name_f]Wenna[/name_f]), though I do like [name_f]Jilly[/name_f].

Elowen! I prefer [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] to [name_f]Jillian[/name_f], but think I would still likely vote for [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] over [name_f]Gillian[/name_f].

These are both terrific names though and I donā€™t think you can go wrong no matter which you choose.

I adore [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] !

Jillian! Very refreshing to see on NB, I see a lot of [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] though I canā€™t say I met one! Both are so darling tbh

I like [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] because of its classic feel, and love nickname [name_f]Jillie[/name_f].

I voted for [name_f]Jillian[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], it has such soft sounds, however I think it will blend in with all the other ā€˜[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/Elle/Ellaā€™ names even though [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] isnā€™t that common. Where as [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is sweet, has been consistently used so feels familiar but never over used, has a vintage vibe, but not clunky, plus [name_f]Jill[/name_f] & [name_f]Jillie[/name_f] are cute. (Personally I wouldnā€™t label it as dated because it doesnā€™t feel tied to a specific time period)

Jillian! I really like it but unfortunately know an extremely unpleasant [name_f]Jill[/name_f] so I couldnā€™t ever use it :confused: I know most Berries seem to like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] but Iā€™m honestly not a fan of the name myself.