Johanna--opinions?

I’ve been wanting to use [name]Josephine[/name] for awhile, but not sure I can for assorted reasons. I like the nicknames [name]Jo[/name], [name]Josie[/name], and [name]Joie[/name], and am curious about thoughts on this one. My daughter is due at the end of the summer–sister would be [name]Bea[/name]. Thank you for your help!

First of all, is [name]Bea[/name] short for [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]? I love her name!
Secondly, what’s wrong with [name]Josephine[/name], if you don’t mind me asking? I really like it, and it’s probably the only [name]Jo[/name]-name (for girls) that I’m in love with. That being said, [name]Johanna[/name] is very cute. Are you pronouncing it as [name]Jo[/name]+[name]Hannah[/name], or is it like [name]Joanna[/name], with the H silent? If its [name]Joanna[/name], then I would recommend spelling it that way to prevent any future confusion. If it’s [name]Jo[/name]+[name]Hannah[/name], then I definitely like it! But there’s a possiblilty of the whole Duggar thing, plus it’s very similar to the dated [name]Joanne[/name]. But other than that, I really like [name]Johanna[/name].

[name]TARA[/name]<3

I love the name [name]Josephine[/name], but it is a name that is ‘kind of’ on reserve in my family by someone… it’s possible I could still use it, but sort of on the fence about it. [name]Bea[/name] is for [name]Beatrice[/name]… thanks, I love her name too:) As for [name]Johanna[/name], I would pronounce [name]Jo[/name]+[name]Hannah[/name]. I’m not familiar with the Duggar issue–was one of their children [name]Johanna[/name]? Hm…

Other names we are considering are:
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] (weird with my last name though so I’ve nearly ruled it out)
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]

I like it and I think it goes well with [name]Bea[/name]. The Duggars do have [name]Johannah[/name], but I wouldn’t worry about it. The way I look at it, nobody would hesitate naming their son [name]John[/name] or [name]Joseph[/name] just because the Duggars have a child by that name.

All of your other names are nice, too. [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Greta[/name] are my favorites.

Thanks! I do worry that I can’t like [name]Johanna[/name] as much as I like [name]Josephine[/name]. I worry the pronunciation would be a pain. [name]Greta[/name] is definitely a top contender. I’m not crazy about [name]Margaret[/name] unfortunately so I’m hoping it could stand on it’s own.

[name]Greta[/name] can definitely stand on its own! And I love [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], the combination is so cute!

I don’t like [name]Johanna[/name] or [name]Joanna[/name] at all. I feel like I see them both ALL the time and i don’t see the appeal. To me, [name]Josephine[/name] is just better in every way. And if [name]Josephine[/name] is taken by a family member, isn’t [name]Johanna[/name] a bit too close?

well, no one in my family is named [name]Josephine[/name]. Rather, someone has an ‘association’ with the name and seems to prefer I not use it. At any rate, thanks everyone. I think I’ve ruled out [name]Johanna[/name]. Boy, it’s hard this time.

I love [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]! Or maybe [name]Jocelyn[/name] instead of [name]Johanna[/name]? But if someone in your family wants to use [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name] is awfully close. I prefer [name]Greta[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] anyway.

I like [name]Johanna[/name] alot!!! And I love [name]Beatrice[/name]!!! I think [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Johanna[/name] go well together!

I like [name]Johanna[/name] fairly well, but [name]Josephine[/name] is so much better. Also we must have similar taste because [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Greta[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Caroline[/name] are all on my favorites list.

There’s nothing wrong with [name]Johanna[/name] but dont use it if you don’t love it, it will always remind you of [name]Josephine[/name] which will be your name that got away. As far as your back ups I adore [name]Greta[/name]. My next favorite would be [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name], then [name]Audrey[/name], then [name]Louisa[/name].