John & Abbie Duggar #2

[name_u]John[/name_u] and [name_u]Abbie[/name_u] Duggar just officially announced that they’re having a BOY! Big sister is [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Annette[/name_f] ‘Gracie’.

They clearly like family names, I’m guessing this baby could be named [name_u]David[/name_u] after John’s middle name. Maybe [name_u]David[/name_u] [name_u]Robert[/name_u] (Jim [name_m]Bob[/name_m] Duggar’s middle name) or [name_u]David[/name_u] [name_m]Haskell[/name_m] (Abbie’s dad’s middle name-and have I mentioned that it’s SO COOL?!). Steering away from [name_u]James[/name_u] for obvious reasons

Thoughts? What do you guys think [name_u]John[/name_u] and [name_u]Abbie[/name_u] will name their baby?

2 Likes

I love the idea of [name_m]Haskell[/name_m] being on the name (besides being a Norse name with a very strong meaning, It’s an obscure alternative\version of Ezekiel),

Maybe [name_u]Davi[/name_u] [name_m]Haskell[/name_m]? (Davi is a variation of [name_u]David[/name_u], pronounced as da-VEE)
I like the idea of [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_m]Haskell[/name_m], for some reason, mainly because I think [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] would be a cute sibset.

[name_u]David[/name_u] [name_m]Haskell[/name_m] would be super sweet!

I never really watchec Counting On, so don’t know much about [name_u]Abbie[/name_u] or her side of the family. A quick Google search shows some male family names, first or middle, being [name_u]John[/name_u], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]. I don’t know if they’d use any first names from either side as a first name for baby. However, [name_u]John[/name_u] is both [name_u]John[/name_u] David’s name and Abbie’s father’s first name.

So my guesses are:

[name_u]John[/name_u] as a first name…maybe [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]?
[name_u]David[/name_u] as either a first or middle name
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]- the meaning fits their family’s style plus it is a way of incorporating Daddy’s name
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]

I kind of miss when [name_m]Jim[/name_m] [name_m]Bob[/name_m] and [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] were the ones having kids because you had least had a hint that it would start with a J :upside_down_face: lol. Duggar grandkid names are much harder to guess on! I’m excited to hear the announcement when he is born though! [name_u]John[/name_u] and [name_u]Abbie[/name_u] seem like such a sweet couple.