Jonathan or Jacob

See the results of this poll: Jonathan ir Jacob

Respondents: 23 (This poll is closed)

• Jonathan : 10 (43%)
  • Jacob: 13 (57%)

[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] - I like it as is or the many nickname options. [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_m]Cob[/name_m], [name_m]Cobey[/name_m], [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]

And for the record, I don’t think [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] is a bad name!

Anymore Opinions?

[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]! My brother’s name is [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]. [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] is very common and although [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] seems like it would be too, I’ve only ever encountered the one.

Both have been huge favorites in the past, but right now I prefer [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]/[name_m]Jakob[/name_m].

I have a soft spot for [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]. Handsome and classic! :slight_smile:

It’s hard to say I really prefer one or the other. Both are solid classic names with nice nicknames.

I guess if pressed I’d pick [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] simply because it’s easier to spell.

[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] gets misspelled as [name_m]Johnathan[/name_m] (and [name_m]Jon[/name_m] as [name_m]John[/name_m]) a lot of the time.

I have family members with both names.

Never been a fan of [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]. [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] has a softer sound plus it’s very flexible- he can be [name_m]Jon[/name_m], [name_m]Joe[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Nat[/name_u], [name_m]Nate[/name_m], or [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]