Jude and Mary

I am expecting baby #3 and i THINK we have got it down to…
[name]Jude[/name] for a boy or [name]Mary[/name] for a girl.
Middle names have been tough!
I love [name]Jude[/name] [name]Arlo[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
For a girl I love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

WDYT?
Any other suggestions?
Thankyou :o)

I really like [name]Jude[/name] [name]Arlo[/name] but do not like [name]Mary[/name] at all. I’m also not a big fan of [name]Alice[/name] either, sorry!
Good luck!

Good for you! It is so hard to narrow names down! I love [name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]; both names are just precious. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] as well. Beautiful. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to second a no for [name]Mary[/name]. If you want another 4-letter name for a girl consider:

[name]Bree[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Edie[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]

[name]Mary[/name]'s too much of a classic to be paired up with [name]Jude[/name].

[name]Mary[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] are lovely :slight_smile:

[name]Mary[/name] goes wonderfully with any name really.
I also like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Mary[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name].

[name]Jude[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] go just fine together and they are both great names! The clear link is that they are both New Testament names. If my 4th baby had been a boy she would have been [name]Jude[/name] and I’ve considered [name]Mary[/name] for a girl. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is nice. I personally love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Mary[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Clare[/name]. I found picking middle names a little tricky for [name]Jude[/name]. My concern with [name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] is frequently the middle name is reduced to a middle initial in which case it becomes [name]Jude[/name] O. lastname or Judo. Same problem with [name]Jude[/name] E. or [name]Jude[/name] D. both become [name]Judy[/name]. [name]Jude[/name] S. is also a no go for us because of Judus. If we use [name]Jude[/name] will go with [name]Jude[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name].

What are your other kids names by the way?

I love the names [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]! I think [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is beautiful. I am not sure what to think about [name]Jude[/name] [name]Arlo[/name]…my grandmothers name is [name]Arlo[/name] (short for Arloine), so maybe that is why I am having a hard time with it. I adore the name [name]Jude[/name], though!

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] - Much prefer [name]Oliver[/name] over [name]Arlo[/name] and I would wonder whether [name]Jude[/name] [name]Arlo[/name] was a boy or girl on reading the name. I think Judo is ok - It would even make a fairly cool nickname! I do agree about avoiding d and e nn’s though… [name]Judy[/name] isn’t the best nickname for a boy to end up with!
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this! Is a beautifully simple name with no frills - go for it!
Well done on narrowing it down! [name]Val[/name] x

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]. Sorry, I’m not a fan of mary but [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] does have a nice flow. Good luck !

Thankyou all for your replies!
I have two darling girls - [name]Halle[/name] and [name]Edie[/name]. it’s so funny that someone mentioned [name]Edie[/name] as an alternative to [name]Mary[/name]!
I really do love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Violet[/name] but it clashes with our surname. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is my DH’s pick and I love it too. That’s it for a girl.
After being set on [name]Jude[/name] for the entire pregnancy we’ve both had second thoughts and come up with 3 other name choices…
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Zeke[/name]. Now we’re REALLY stuck!