Jude or Ambrose?

Need help with a boys name

We like Saint/ Biblical/ celestial names in this case.

Any opinions or other ideas would be appreciated. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I prefer Jude.here are some other ideas;

[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Joseph[/name_u]
[name_m]Saint[/name_m]
[name_u]David[/name_u]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
Casper/Kasper

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps.

1 Like

I like both [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] as a combo would be cute.
Other suggestions:
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Giles[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
Damien/Damian
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_u]Brice[/name_u]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I know of an [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] in his 20s and he’s strong and successful, nicknamed [name_m]Brose[/name_m]. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is sweet but very similar to [name_f]Judy[/name_f] IMO.

1 Like

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I love both, but of the two, I prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Alban[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyril[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachy[/name_m]

1 Like

I really like both, but I’ll vote for [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] here as I know quite a few people named [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Justus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m], [name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Rocco[/name_u]
[name_m]Clement[/name_m]

1 Like

Abel, Psalm, Saint, Noel, Love, Faith, Luan

btw Ambrose Jude would be adorable

1 Like

I love lovee Ambrose :cupid:

1 Like

I love Jude!!

[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]
[name_u]Judah[/name_u]
[name_m]Ransom[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

Suggestions: [name_m]Cosmas[/name_m], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Peter[/name_m]

1 Like

I love sweet and strong [name_u]Jude[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is more sexy and Law-ish, and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is more intellectual and spiritual sounding, I like both.

[name_m]Keir[/name_m] reminds me of [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Clement[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], and [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] remind me of [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m].

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. It’s simple, solid, strong and effortlessly cool.

From the saint point of view, I also think he has one of the best titles, as patron saint of lost causes and hopeless cases!

1 Like

I prefer Ambrose

1 Like

I love both but prefer [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]! [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] both sound adorable too!

1 Like

I like Jude, and agree with @greyblue on adding Judah. Other Biblical names I could add are Levi, Sampson, Saul, Christian, Jonah, Abel, Deacon, Noah of course, and Oliver (because of the Olive branch leading to the name, not really a person in the Bible).

2 Likes

Both are good names, but I prefer [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], only because it’s less common.

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. It’s my son’s name and I grow more in love it with it every day (he’s only six weeks old). I love its simplicity and strength, and that a nickname isn’t required. [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest issue with [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], which I love, is that it needs a nickname, and for me at least, there aren’t any great ones. As others have said, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] would make a brilliant combo.

1 Like

I’d go with [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] even though both those names are nice enough that I’d be inclined to use one as a middle name for the other

1 Like