Judge My Six Kids

I’ve finally come to a conclusion for what I want my 6 kids to be named, If I’m to have 6–3 girls/3 boys. (Obviously when I actually have kids and have to take my SO’s opinions into account, it’ll probably change.) I don’t usually do 2 middles, but I decided to so that I could get the names that I want. Please tell me your honest opinions!!! If you have a better match, feel free to share that too :relaxed: :seedling:

Beatrix [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] “[name_f]Bee[/name_f]/Trixie”
[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] Valentine “[name_f]Tillie[/name_f]/Max”
[name_f]Leocadia[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Callista[/name_f] “[name_m]Leo[/name_m]/Caddie” (nn prn Cah-dee, influential historic woman where I’m from)
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u] Apollo “[name_m]Casper[/name_m]/Cas”
[name_m]Zigmund[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] “[name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]/Zig” ([name_m]Zigmund[/name_m] is a family name, but not really using as an honor)
[name_m]Roswell[/name_m] Ash [name_m]Evander[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]/Ros” (nn prn Rohz)

The only one I’m more unsure on is [name_f]Leocadia[/name_f], just because I discovered the name so recently. The other options I thought of were [name_f]Astraea[/name_f] “[name_f]Astra[/name_f],” [name_f]Acadia[/name_f] (where I was born but that feels egotistical), [name_u]Louise[/name_u] “[name_u]Lou[/name_u]” (but it feels a touch boring compared to the others), [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] “[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]/Minnie” (but it rhymes with [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]), and [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] (no good nicknames.)

Italicized names are honors - mom, dad, sister, respectively

2 Likes

Ooo I love all of these!
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] “[name_f]Bee[/name_f]/Trixie”- This is so amazing! I’m usually not a big fan of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], but she works so perfectly with [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]! They make her less harsh and more floral and classic sounding! [name_f]Bee[/name_f] is adorable!

Mathilda [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]- I love [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f]! I really love these together and [name_u]Max[/name_u] is adorable!

Leocadia [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Callista[/name_f]- [name_f]Leocadia[/name_f] by itself sounds pretty formal to me, but [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_f]Caddie[/name_f] make it a lot more cheerful! [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Callista[/name_f] fit nicely. I might prefer [name_f]Acadia[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Callista[/name_f]. And I don’t think using your home town is egotistical at all! Sadly my home town doesn’t give a pretty name like [name_f]Acadia[/name_f] :joy:

Caspian [name_u]Ira[/name_u] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]- Oo, I love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and the nicknames [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_m]Cas[/name_m]!! [name_u]Ira[/name_u] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] are really nice, but they do run into each other a little bit.

Zigmund [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]- [name_m]Zigmund[/name_m] is adorable and I love [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u] as a nickname!! [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] fit perfectly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Roswell [name_u]Ash[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]- Oo, [name_m]Roswell[/name_m] is really cool too! [name_m]Wells[/name_m] and [name_f]Ros[/name_f] are really cute! I might prefer the middles switched. [name_m]Roswell[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Ash[/name_u]!

Astraea is also beautiful and as I said earlier I love [name_f]Acadia[/name_f]! [name_u]Louise[/name_u] does sound a little boring compared to the others but it is still nice! I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] for some reason. I guess it just sounds a little too sweet to me, like its trying to hard to be cute. I don’t know. :joy: [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] and [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] are adorable though! I also love [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], especially with the nickname [name_f]Perri[/name_f]! I know a [name_u]Peri[/name_u] and it’s so cute on her!

Beatrix Juno Rosemary is just perfection. Beatrix and Juno are two of my absolute favourites and they go so perfectly together; Rosemary finishes off the combo so nicely. I also adore Mathilda Xanthe Valentine (and love the idea of Max as a nickname). Matilda/Mathilda is another one of my absolute favourites and I just wish I didn’t care about popularity (it’s in the top 15 here in Australia). We did consider it for our daughter though.

Caspian Ira Apollo is fantastic. I don’t love Ira but it works here and Caspian and Apollo are just brilliant; literary and mythological and whimsical. Zigmund Otto Atlas is awesome too although I’d prefer Otto Zigmund Atlas, both because of flow and because I prefer Otto to Zigmund. I do like it though, especially because of the Ziggy nickname. Roswell is really cool and I love Ash although I’m not a massive fan of Evander; still, it does work in this combo. In saying that, I think Roswell Evander Ash flows better. I love the nickname Wells, it’s just so cool.

The only one I don’t like is Leocadia Phoebe Callista. I’m not a fan of Leocadia or Callista and whilst I like Phoebe, I don’t love it. The whole name just feels a bit much to me, and not as strong and literary and whimsical as the others.

Overall though, your choices are amazing. Beatrix Juno Rosemary is especially lovely.

Oh, I forgot to say that I adore Clementine and feels like it fits perfectly with your names, especially with Beatrix and Mathilda. Something like Clementine Acadia Louise or Clementine Vesper Louise would be lovely.

1 Like

These are beautiful names! [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Ira[/name_u] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] is just stunning!

Beatrix—[name_f]Bea[/name_f] is so cute!
[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f]—I like [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] as a nickname.
[name_f]Leocadia[/name_f]—not fond of this one, quite ornate
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]—I love the [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] books and the sea connection. Maybe I’ll get used to this name.
[name_m]Zigmund[/name_m]—[name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]; nice [name_u]Bowie[/name_u] connection.
[name_m]Roswell[/name_m]----reminds me of the area 51 in N.M.; not a bad connection :slight_smile:

Hmm…

Beatrix [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] ~ love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] such a sassy classic choice and the nicknames bea/Trixie are adorable. [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is a lovely upbeat name it’s just happy and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is such a gorgeous vintage choice. Very swoon worthy flow wise prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f].

Mathilda [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] ~ I’m gushing over this name it’s beyond effortless. [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] is just gorgeous [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] feels so unexpected and ethereal in the middle name slot. [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] finishes the combination perfectly beyond pretty.

Leocadia [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Callista[/name_f] ~ hmmm personally not sure on [name_f]Leocadia[/name_f] visually the name looks to much. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is a sweet choice and I like [name_f]Callista[/name_f] but I think the whole name together is just off to me. Prefer [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] & [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. I actually think [name_u]Louise[/name_u] is so pretty adds to the vintage flair of her sisters.

Caspian [name_u]Ira[/name_u] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] ~ love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] it’s a cool majestic oceanic inspired choice. I also like the nickname [name_m]Cas[/name_m]. [name_u]Ira[/name_u] feels upbeat sandwiched between [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] & [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]. [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] is a great choice.

Zigmund [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Alas[/name_m] ~ [name_m]Zigmund[/name_m] is a very brave bold choice really like [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Otto[/name_m] & [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] but I think the flow of all three names are off. Would prefer [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_m]Zigmund[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m].

Roswell [name_u]Ash[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] ~ [name_m]Roswell[/name_m] is a cool surname choice strong and handsome. I think [name_u]Ash[/name_u] is sweet in the middle name slot with [name_m]Evander[/name_m] finishing the combination of nicely

Sure!

Beatrix [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Bee[/name_f]/Trixie’-I completely love it. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is vintage, spunky, strong, feminine & just charming. One of my favorites. And paired w/the mystical [name_f]Juno[/name_f] & the old fashioned sweet but smart [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], it’s fantastic. I like [name_f]Bee[/name_f] (or [name_f]Bea[/name_f]?) & [name_f]Trixie[/name_f]. But really love [name_f]Bess[/name_f] & [name_f]Bette[/name_f] the most as [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] nns.

Mathilda [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]-Honestly, none of these three names are my very favorites, but this combo is stunning none the less. It’s a great balance of classic & exoticness. And [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] nn [name_u]Max[/name_u] is so clever! I also like the nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f].

Leocadia [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Callista[/name_f]-That’s kind of neat. I’ve never heard it before, but appreciate that it’s interesting although a bit of a mouthful. I wouldn’t do [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for a girl, since it’s so popular for boys, but. I guess you could say the same thing or [name_u]Max[/name_u]. I just don’t like the sound of [name_f]Caddie[/name_f], because it reminds me of ‘catty’. Not as in a kitty cat…as in a snobby girl. Maybe [name_f]Leah[/name_f] as a nn?

Caspian [name_u]Ira[/name_u] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]-That’s gorgeous! Usually [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] is too much for me, but as a second mn here it’s really great. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is smart & handsome, & a bit warrior-ish. I like the nns [name_m]Cas[/name_m] & Caspi. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] seems a little weird as a nn, since it’s a full name on its own.

Zigmund [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]-The combo sounds nice, but [name_m]Zigmund[/name_m] is just kind of weird & clunky to me. I can’t get into it.

Roswell [name_u]Ash[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]-I don’t love these names (well, kind of [name_u]Ash[/name_u], but mostly as a nn for [name_u]Asher[/name_u]), but this combo is interesting & not bad. [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is kind of cute.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: