Julia: Classic or Boring

See the results of this poll: Julia: Classic or Boring

Respondents: 37 (This poll is closed)

• Love it! : 30 (81%)
  • Meh…: 7 (19%)

I like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] with the nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] is definitely timeless. (Only [name_u]Julie[/name_u] feels as dated as [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f].) I myself love [name_f]Julia[/name_f], and I think it would be a perfect sister name for [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

I think [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is lovely! I don’t associate it with trendy names like [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]/[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]/[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]

I’m a [name_f]Julia[/name_f] born in the 1990s and I love my name. Its popularity has waxed and waned within the top 100 in the US for decades, but I think ultimately it feels very classic because its upward trends or downward declines haven’t been as sharp as some names and it has been used consistently for literally millennia. I love the fact that it’s such a historical name, and the fact that it has so much worldwide use in different international variations ([name_f]Giulia[/name_f] in [name_f]Italy[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] in [name_f]France[/name_f], [name_f]Yuliya[/name_f] in [name_f]Russia[/name_f], etc). It’s common enough that it’s familiar, but still feels unique and special. I would definitely recommend my own name to parents considering it, and I think it works great with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] is unexpected and pretty

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] is definitely a classic , especially when compared to [name_u]Julie[/name_u] which I do find a bit meh!

I really like [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. It always made me think of the word “jewel”. To me it’s a definitely a classic name and I can picture it on all ages.

I love [name_f]Julia[/name_f], it’s very much timeless, imo. Then again, I also love [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Kayla[/name_f] and [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] lol.

I dont love it, but its definitely a timeless classic.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] is absolutely timeless to me! I think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] make an unexpected, but beautiful sisbet

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] is fantastic with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

I don’t think it’s bad, but [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is just nms.

I think it’s kind of both. I do think of it as a little dated, but not trendy dated like [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and [name_f]Kaley[/name_f] and those kind of names. I think it would work perfectly fine on a baby now though.

I agree that it’s kind of a mix. It’s slightly dated but also kind of a classic. I grew up with several girls named [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. Only one actually went by [name_f]Julia[/name_f]; the rest went by [name_u]Julie[/name_u]. I much prefer the romantic classic, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] are dreamy!

For me, it goes in both categories… it is a lovely, classic name, but I also find it very simple and overused. I do find it a bit dated, in the sense that everyone I know with this name is 50+… so I can’t imagine hearing it on a baby. I think it would be a left field choice for a 2020 newborn, but it is still pretty in it’s own way.

Julia is gorgeous! :heart:

It’s a timeless, elegant classic, and travels really well too.

It’s neither overused nor conventionally fashionable enough to feel boring, to me at least.

I adore Julia, and i don’t find it boring at all. It’s an timeless classic with an lovely sound, easy to spell and pronounce and works internationally. What’s not to love?

A lovely classic name.

It’s a fine name, I’m a bit bored with it, but I do not find it inherently a boring name.