Juliet or Juliette

See the results of this poll: Juliet or Juliette

Respondents: 50 (This poll is closed)

• Juliet : 40 (80%)
  • Juliette: 10 (20%)

I much prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

I also much prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. This more streamlined spelling seems smarter and more sophisticated to me.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce it?
I’d be inclined to pronounce [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as JU-lee-et but I know two Juliettes who pronounce their name as Ju-lee-ETTE

I far prefer [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] for me doesn’t hold the same lacey, lush, romantic feel. All I can think of with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and how stupid I kind of thought the whole thing was, but [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is chic, a little bit [name_m]French[/name_m], elegant and fun.

I voted for [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. It’s also a name I’m considering and I know someone who gave this name to their little girl and she is cute as a button so I’m automatically reminded of her.

I think both are pretty, but I prefer [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] because [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] looks like [name_u]Julie[/name_u] with a -t.

I love the name with either spelling. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] to me is more traditional because of [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], and the “typical” spelling. Both are beautiful.

Well it depends on how you plan to pronounce it. The two spellings are pronounced differently

i pronounce both spellings the same way so I hadn’t really thought about how the spelling would affect the pronunciation. I pronounce it with the emphasis on the ET (ETTE)

Although I can see the potential appeal of the [name_m]French[/name_m] -ette ending, I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] looks more classic and grounded.